The Apple Watch Series 6 is here to take your breath away—or at least tell you a whole lot about your breathing. We’re pushing our VO2 max just thinking about seeing new sensors (and no finicky Force Touch) inside this latest model, so let’s get our blood pumping with some very small-space exercise.
● The Series 6 takes after newer (post-6s) iPhones and opens to the side like a book
● 44 mm Watch cell is rated at 1.17 Wh—a slight increase over the Series 5
● No Force Touch
● Bigger Taptic Engine
● Overall thickness of 10.4 mm (down from 10.74 mm last year).
Repairability Score: 6 out of 10
● Screen replacements are difficult but possible. The screen is the first thing to come off, and detaches via ZIF connectors.
● Battery replacements are reasonably straightforward, once you're inside.
● Tiny tri-point screws throughout the watch can be difficult to remove and keep track of.
● Several component flex cables are mounted directly to the S6 package, requiring skilled microsoldering to replace if they are torn.
Check out a few images below and hit the link for the full teardown!