August 19, 2022

Install SSH with a Take 2 Patchstick (Easier)

Posted March 13, 2008 at 12:45am · 184 comments · Add Comment
Risky
Risky - July 21, 2008 at 1:41pm
Hey, I did exactly as told in this tutorial, used the tiger install cd and the file downloaded from apple posted some comments lower. It creates the patchstick without any errors and finds all the files. I even see the the boot.efi and everything. But when I plug it into my 2.1 atv and press and hold menu and - the atv restarts doing nothing but bringing me back into the language selection menu. Any ideas?
YO
YO - July 19, 2008 at 12:21pm
Can i use my Leopard install disc in this tutorial?
onlyjay
onlyjay - July 19, 2008 at 5:02am
i don't know what mrt wanted to say... :) but silervlight, I've also installed the apple tv 2.1 release. Do I have to use the apple tv update 2.1 dmg to make the tutorial work ?
Silverlight
Silverlight - July 18, 2008 at 8:16pm
Just to let folks know I got this working w/out any issues on the new AppleTV 2.1 release. Happily watching divx files :))
filtrator
filtrator - July 18, 2008 at 3:11pm
if not -- do a google search for 'apple tv 1.1 updater torrent' -- i found the .45 update there...
onlyjay
onlyjay - July 18, 2008 at 3:27am
ok i'll try this weekend. thanks.
filtrator
filtrator - July 17, 2008 at 7:04pm
i think this should do it: http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-4632.2080414.gt5rW/2Z694-5428-3.dmg
onlyjay
onlyjay - July 17, 2008 at 7:01pm
filtrator, can you tell me where do you find the file 2Z694-5248-45.dmg = atv update 1.1 that is needed to install SSH in this tutorial. i still cannot patch my atv. please help me !!!!!
filtrator
filtrator - July 17, 2008 at 5:28pm
Anyone know how to active AFP? I successfully installed SSH (using this tutorial). Installed the codecs & ATV files. I can login to my iTV via the Terminal or Fugu.. However, I can't seem to activate AFP. I get this returned: -bash-2.05b$ sudo /usr/sbin/AppleFileServer Password: sudo: /usr/sbin/AppleFileServer: command not found doesn't seem like there's anything inside here: -bash-2.05b$ ls /usr/sbin/AppleFileServer /usr/sbin/AppleFileServer -bash-2.05b$ any ideas?
onlyjay
onlyjay - July 16, 2008 at 6:21am
hi guys, Do you know where i can find the AppleTV 1.1 Updater ? The url given in the tutorial is not available anymore (http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-2988.20070620.bHy75/2Z694-5248-45.dmg). Apple might have deleted the file on the server. I have tried to use the new 2.1 update (2Z694-5485-1.dmg) to create the patchstick. But it won't work. Need help please !!