By pairing Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores) with intelligent workload prioritization and management distribution through Intel Thread Director, the new Intel Core i9-12900HK improves system performance across single and multi-threaded applications.
Based on the Intel 7 process, new 12th Gen H-series processors offer:
● Up to 5 GHz frequencies, 14 cores (6 P-cores and 8 E-cores) and 20 threads that give the 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900HK the crown as the fastest mobile processor. It delivers performance leadership over Intel’s previous generation and the competition.
● The performance extends for unparalleled gaming experiences across top gaming titles and content creation tools. The new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series is the world’s best mobile gaming platform, delivering up to 28% faster gaming than the previous mobile gaming leader in the market: the Intel Core i9-11980HK. 12th Gen Intel Core H-series is more than up to the task for content creators. For example, users may see up to 43% higher performance in 3D rendering gen-over-gen.
● Broad memory support for DDR5/LPDDR5 and DDR4/LPDDR4 modules up to 4800 MT/s – a first in the industry for H-series mobile processors.
● Nearly three times faster connectivity on exclusive high-speed channels without legacy Wi-Fi interference. Using integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) gives users the freedom to work and learn from home and relax with smooth, high-quality streaming.
● Thunderbolt 4 support that delivers transfer speeds up to 40Gbps and PC connectivity to multiple 4K monitors and accessories.
● Designed for enthusiast gamers, creators and engineering professionals who want to push their laptop performance to the next level, the new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors deliver desktop-caliber performance on the go.
Intel says it based Apple M1 Max performance on public statement made by Apple on 10/18/2021 and measurements on an Apple M1 Max 16" MacBook Pro with 64GB RAM (Model A2485). It appears the benchmark used was SPEC CPU2017 from the SPEC consortium. Intel also claims that the i9-12900HK outperforms the M1 Max and M1 Pro in Photoshop, Lightroom, Autocad, Revit, Blender, and CrossMark benchmarks.
The 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors will power systems available starting in February 2022. We'll share real world benchmarks when they become available. Please download the iClarified app or follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and RSS for updates.