Darkroom is moving photo editing to its mobile-centric and computational future. Photo editing is simplified for iPhone photographers, and supercharged with powerful AI-backed algorithms to more efficiently express yourself. Available as a single universal app on iPhone, iPad, and macOS with deep integration into all of the latest platform features.
What's New In This Version:
New: Dramatically Improved Highlight and Shadow Recovery
We’re releasing a major upgrade to our exposure recovery sliders that dramatically improves their recovery range and refines the result. This enables a whole new set of creative effects in Darkroom that were simply out of reach previously.
Five sliders in Darkroom have been rebuilt from the ground up: Exposure, Whites, Highlights, Shadows, and Blacks. These enhancements are available for all image types, though they are particularly powerful for RAW editing workflows, since RAW photos have a lot more detail to recover.
How to Upgrade your Existing Edits:
All your existing edits on your photos in Darkroom remain unaffected. The new implementation lives side by side with the previous one. This ensures that your edited photos won't look different when you open them again. However, if a previously-edited photo doesn't use any of the new sliders, we'll upgrade it automatically, so it always looks as best as it can.
If you would like to upgrade a previously-edited photo to use the new version of our sliders, please first reset your edits by selecting the Original preset, using the “Reset Edits” option in the actions menu, or using the “Reset” option the History tool.
When applying any preset, regardless of what version it was made with, we will use the new recovery algorithms. This ensures that community presets and existing presets won't be stuck with the old legacy recovery implementation.
Other Changes in this Release:
● We have removed the Photo Editing Extension. This means you can no longer use the limited version of Darkroom to make edits within the Photos app. For more details, please read the announcement about this release on our website.
● We’ve added three new icons to celebrate this release: Shade, Holo, and Album.
● Performance improvements that should help increase stability and reliability of using Darkroom
● Reduce size of image cache stored on device
● Fix for a HEIF bug on iOS 16 which caused ProRAW images exported to have a green thumbnail in the Photos app.
● Fixed a bug where photos that failed to load appeared stuck loading.
You can download Darkroom from the App Store.