December 4, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]

How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]

Posted June 22, 2010 at 2:03am · 31 comments · Add Comment
chris
chris - August 2, 2010 at 12:07am
same here i got stuck on the reboot..i found other resources I knew my itouch 2g model was MC model so is there to jailbreak for MC models??
Chris
Chris - July 27, 2010 at 1:18pm
err, yeah. I got stuck on the waiting to reboot both times, so I just held down both buttons and then it kept going. It said it was finished, but now I have the iTunes and the cable symbol on my iPod, so it's in recovery mode. I tried everything for getting rid of the waiting to reboot before. I put it in compatibility mode, ran as administrator, unplugged and plugged back in, switched plugs, etc.
klebin
klebin - July 19, 2010 at 9:18pm
the download link is broken...
asdfasdf
asdfasdf - July 15, 2010 at 3:57pm
My iPod 2g does not work on this method, it does not reboot will some one help me?
Arnoldgenes
Arnoldgenes - July 7, 2010 at 6:44pm
I am going to second Speck as in recent days when trying to restore a custom firmware or downgrade back to the 3.0 series Itunes is no longer recognizing these files as system restores. This just started happening maybe yesterday? Anyone have a solution to this?
speck
speck - June 29, 2010 at 7:31pm
When I try to use the IPSW that I restored the iPod with, redsn0w says "unable to recognize specific IPSW." I've tried this several times with different files from lots of different sources. Help?
yourmom
yourmom - June 27, 2010 at 1:49pm
when i do the steps to go to dfu mode it says your device is being proccesed not jailbreaking your device
bob
bob - June 26, 2010 at 7:06pm
need help when i click the logo things it goes to my Pwnage file but there are no pictures for me to choose
redsn0w falls down
redsn0w falls down - June 26, 2010 at 10:37am
Everything works perfectly until the step 7. After I have clicked the next-button on the previous step, the software just seems to fall down. Even though in this guide reads that redsn0w should start to prepare the jailbreak data. Have I done something wrong or what's the problem with the issue? Or is the problem with the software? And yes, I have iPod touch 2g, and it's serial number does not begin include MC.
Assis
Assis - June 25, 2010 at 7:15pm
I have an MC model and I'm wondering if there's any way to jailbreak it... All I find here on iClarified is only to non-MC models... :\