iPhone Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool Jailbreak for iOS 4.0

iPhone Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool Jailbreak for iOS 4.0

Posted June 22, 2010 at 3:34pm by iClarified · 23 comments · Add Comment
Stupid Pwnagetool - July 31, 2010 at 9:09am
Stupid arrogant Pwnagetool, why is it searching for the ipsw for almost HALF AN HOUR instead of just letting me select the file?!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There is NO excuse for crap software!!!!
Briane - June 23, 2010 at 12:03pm
I have 3gs 3.1.3/ 05.12.01 jailbroken with spirit Can I use any of the new sw to upgrade to i4.0 and jailbreak and unlock I seem to read that I cannot
davy1shoe - June 23, 2010 at 11:54am
I got my 3gs working with the new update from dev team i was stuck on add sim as i have a o2 iphone now running att in usa but new update let me get cydia running so i could use ultrasnow now im all up and running 3gs style.
andrew - June 23, 2010 at 4:01am
There is already an update... Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 BUT SAME RULES APPLIES
DNT - June 22, 2010 at 10:47pm
3GS, 04.26.08, old bootrom. Everything worked as promised BUT multitasking does not work unless in safe mode. I double-click the home button and all I get is blank/black bar at the bottom. (In safe mode, all the background apps show up just fine)
bill - June 22, 2010 at 10:17pm
I have iphone 3gs with ios4 firmware 5.13.04. How long do we have to wait for jailbreak to com out please help punjabijatt_jatt2000@yahoo.com.
Lovin' it - June 22, 2010 at 8:16pm
3Gs w/old bootrom... Worked like a charm! I don't lose wifi after rebooting, YouTube works, and my battery life seems ok. Awesome!
Joseph - June 22, 2010 at 6:50pm
I have an iPhone 3gs week 26, model MB, on 3.1.3 fw with unlocked 5.12.01bb jailbroken with spirit.... Am I able to upgrade to 4.0 and jailbreak ?
Coltam - June 22, 2010 at 4:17pm
Again !!! 3GS with old Boot rom,where is the jaibreak for the New Boot rom!!!
Kas - June 22, 2010 at 5:20pm
damn, my 3GS factory unlock with new bootrom is killing me...I could use 4.0 due to the factory unlock but would lose many Apps without having a JB :((( I guess this means waiting...but Dev-Team is doing an amazing Job....thx for the hard work !!!
Pramod - June 22, 2010 at 4:11pm
I have a 3GS old bootrom. I am in the category where my current JB method is Spirit on 3.1.3 (5.12.01). So should i be downgrading to 3.1.2 (baseband 5.12.01) and then running balckra1n and then use the custom ipsw generated by the pwnage tool.
Chris - June 22, 2010 at 5:04pm
Well, i have tried that method with iOS4 GM and it worked. I was on 3.1.3 and tried to upgrade to 4.0, but always got 1604 error when tried to restore. So what i did is, restored back to official 3.1.2, jailbroken with blackra1n, made custom 4.0 firmware with PwnageTool and it worked. :-)
Pramod - June 22, 2010 at 5:06pm
Great - so did u use the latest pwnage 4 released today to get the custom ipsw? And why did u use the GM build when the actual ipsw is available? Thanks for your help.
Chris - June 22, 2010 at 6:00pm
I was doing that with leaked GM build when this final wasn't out yet. And that was with modified PwnageTool 3.1.5. So, if it worked then with GM and modified PwnageTool, then i see no reason why it shouldn't work with final iOS 4 & this new PwnageTool.
Prev 1 of 2 Next