September 28, 2022
Apple Releases iOS 4.1 Beta 2 to Developers

Apple Releases iOS 4.1 Beta 2 to Developers

Posted July 27, 2010 at 7:12pm · 10 comments · Add Comment
Steve
Steve - July 28, 2010 at 9:36am
Do we know how soon the previous beta expires?
proximity
proximity - July 28, 2010 at 3:45am
no proximity fix?
Steve
Steve - July 28, 2010 at 2:32am
You missed out the proximity sensor fix
iClarified
iClarified - July 28, 2010 at 3:49am
We are getting mixed reports on whether the proximity issue is fixed
FleurDeLeap
FleurDeLeap - July 28, 2010 at 12:23am
The only difference I've heard so far is that the MMS bug has been fixed. I'm not sure what bug they mean, but that's what a dev said.
Mikael andersson
Mikael andersson - July 27, 2010 at 9:25pm
haw anybody try d this beta? and if sow anybody haw tested it on iPhone 3G? do it fix the problem whit iPhone 3g is so slow? and yes i known it is a beta, and yes u can us the beta but u ned to bay a beta key on eBay // Sorry About my Spelling i´m Dyslectic //
madcow
madcow - July 27, 2010 at 9:29pm
Try going into the settings general go into Spotlight and turn off the features in spotlight. I hear that helps boost 3g performance.
SmAlLeRmAn
SmAlLeRmAn - July 27, 2010 at 11:57pm
I don't think there's gonna be much improvement on 3G with iOS 4.1 because firstly it's a 100 mb larger than a 3G's usual upgrade and secondly this is what apple does as soon as a new model comes the second oldest one gets slower for the new iOS. Similar thing happened when apple released iOS 3.0 for the original iPhone as it too got slower but then the 3G was the second latest and worked fine with it, so in that same fashion the 3GS is working fine with iOS 4 but not the 3G. The best solution to this is to either buy the new iPhone 4 or get a 3GS.
mvran
mvran - July 28, 2010 at 4:09am
I have a iphone 3g with ios4.0 on it. Jailbroken with muktitasking and without the backgtoungs enabled and it works like a charm...
Mikael andersson
Mikael andersson - July 27, 2010 at 9:18pm
Apple isn't it time to release a Beta to iPad 4.0 now? // Sorry About My Spelling I´m Dyslectic //