New Jailbreak Exploit Confirmed Working for More Than iPhone 4

New Jailbreak Exploit Confirmed Working for More Than iPhone 4

Posted September 9, 2010 at 12:28pm by iClarified · 13 comments · Add Comment
xvvcx - September 11, 2010 at 4:47pm
but does dat mean to jailbreak it the iphone has to be opened cuz its a hardware exploit?
jim - September 9, 2010 at 1:36pm
pleaseeee dont release till ios 4.2 for ipad
Nick - September 9, 2010 at 1:55pm
It won't matter, because the exploit they found will work on any firmware update Apple comes up with because it is a hardware exploit. This means that until Apple changes the hardware in the iPhone there is no way they can stop the jailbreak.
jim - September 9, 2010 at 5:43pm
wait wat a HARDWARE exploit coool. so does that mean we will never to worry about upadting
Tom Vanimox - September 11, 2010 at 2:58am
Thats exactly right, no more worries about updating :) Oh man this is awesome!
Sith - September 9, 2010 at 1:01pm
Now I know dev team and it's members have repeatedly stated don't upgrade yet but I have no need for an unlock I only want a jailbreak and the proximity sensor issue is making me rip my hair out.. Now Is the exploit in the earlier baseband or will I be just as jailbreakable on my iphone4 with 4.1 and new baseband?
Nick - September 9, 2010 at 1:23pm
It's a bootrom hack and involves the processor from what I understand, so you won't have to worry about not being able to jailbreak your iPhone if you update now, the baseband doesn't have anything to do with the jailbreak. That being said, that is only what I understand from what I've read, I haven't heard anything about not being able to jailbreak in the future if you update to 4.1 now, but I still don't know 100%.
john - September 9, 2010 at 11:39pm
how's your head? hair growing back yet?
Tom vanimox - September 11, 2010 at 3:00am
Haha, john dats funny :P....... Always love it when people got a sense of humor.
Sith - September 11, 2010 at 7:55am
Still dealing with 4.0.2 issues and hoping there's a public jb in the next few days..if not by Monday I'll take the plunge.
Crunch - September 9, 2010 at 12:32pm
Yikes! That was quick. :D
Nick - September 9, 2010 at 12:41pm
Yep! From what I understand, it is a hardware exploit that will work on all current iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod Touch 4g, so Apple will not be able to patch this exploit unless they physically change the hardware, and obviously they can't do that on our devices!
wezz69 - September 9, 2010 at 1:53pm
So go and buy 1 quick while theyre still shipping 4.1s or before they update the hardware exploit.
Prev 1 of 1 Next