How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using Limera1n (Mac)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using Limera1n (Mac)

Posted October 14, 2010 at 3:30pm by iClarified · 36 comments · Add Comment
JuLu - December 19, 2010 at 6:48pm
I tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 with 4.0.2 and 1.59.0 but each time I get the message Retry Hold Home and Power. I think it has to do with the fact that iTunes starts each time saying that it detected an iPhone in Recovery mode. Any idea what I can do? Thanks
3gsuser - December 4, 2010 at 9:18pm
Tried limera1n against 3GS 4.0.2 new bootrom 5.13.04 baseband. Appeared to work fine but after boot the limera1n icon did not show. Tried many times to no avail. I finally did a factory reset (erased all data/settings) from the phone and after boot the limera1n icon showed up. Just wanted to point this out just in case anyone is running into same problem
Ansuz - November 18, 2010 at 1:04pm
Doesn't work on Tiger 10.4
Bardiaesm - November 7, 2010 at 12:57pm
hello i have an iphone 4 and i did jailbreak my iphone and thats working well but my icons in desktop are whit!!! please tell me what do i have to do thanks
Sam Vaid - October 21, 2010 at 5:30am
I tried on 3gs 4.0.2 5.13 couple of times on PC but the Limera1n would not install on the phone, then factory reset the phone and ran Limera1n and was successfull, now downloading Cydia. Excellent utility, keep it up.
krill - December 3, 2010 at 6:14am
I'm in the same situation -- I need to jb and unlock a 4.0.2 on a 3GS/old bootrom and Limera1n acts like it's installing but no icon ever shows up. But I'm afraid to do a "factory reset" -- what iOS does it reset to? Do I risk losing my 5.13.04 baseband?
chomy - October 19, 2010 at 7:24pm
I have an iPhone 4 4.0.1 upgraded to 4.1 using TU and use limera1n to JB got the drop in the screen and the done message, however can't get it on the springboard at all. Any suggestions please!
ahlan - October 21, 2010 at 5:12am
download it on cydia lol
Crunch - October 17, 2010 at 10:48pm
Worked great the first time on my iPhone 4. Thanks, geohot! I was jailbroken on iOS 4.0.1, then upgraded to OS 4.1 by way of TinyUmbrella/TSS Server, so as to keep the baseband unchanged and to be able to unlock my iPhone 4, which also worked just fine. My iPad is ready for 4.2 now. ;)
bneese - October 16, 2010 at 8:42pm
I have a 3GS with 4.1 that I installed today. I am also running iTunes 10.0.1 (22) on the mac. I can't get this to work. It gets into DFU mode but then just sits there. iTunes opens in the background saying there is aphone in recovery mode.
bneese - October 17, 2010 at 9:14pm
Ok, so I am an idiot! I hate the fact that the 3G and 3GS look totally the same! I had gotten what I thought was a 3GS from a friend of mine and he gave me the wrong one. Sure enough a check of the serial number and its the 3G! Getting the 3GS and retrying!
Toxikk - October 16, 2010 at 1:49pm
worked for me on iphone4 ios 4.1 thanks geo and iclarified!
neno - October 15, 2010 at 11:21pm
It's work perfect thanks, but I have problem with my voicemail. I can't receive voicemails I have to call my virtual voicemail to check if I have voicemail. Any idea? Thanks
Prev 1 of 3 Next