December 9, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your iPad Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

Posted November 23, 2010 at 11:46pm · 39 comments · Add Comment
Paul
Paul - December 1, 2010 at 10:07am
Hi I was able to JB Ipad on latest FW and run Cydia, and install all required packages for it, but my problem is that after I install SBsettings I'm asked to Reboot Device but when it reboot it gets stock on the Apple logo. Anyone else having the same problem or know how to resolve it? Thanks
Eddie
Eddie - December 4, 2010 at 3:35am
After I jail broke the iPad , installed few apps, then sbsettings, and reboot. IPad wouldn't come back, had the apple logo all night, the batteries died out . Next they recharged it with still apple logo on.. Problem, it wouldn't even detect the iTunes so I would restore... Had to take it back to apple store,, the genius bar, hooked it up to his laptop and had to do something special because it wouldn't detect itunes at the store too.. Finally the iPad started to restore by itself throughout the laptop but with no iTunes on or detected... Thankfully, iPad is up but haven't jail broke again, still waiting for fixes....
Paul
Paul - December 4, 2010 at 8:19am
Hi In my case what I did after the new jailbreak is when Cydia asked to Reboot don't click on the Reboot but do Switch Off on the ipad, after hoocked it to laptop, open Resn0w, selected the "Jut Boot tethered right now" and was able to start the ipad. All working ok since them. What the probably did in the shop to manage to get the laptop to detect it was start the Ipad in DFU mode.
TheCoose
TheCoose - December 28, 2010 at 3:00pm
Um, this is a tethered JB. if you reboot the iPad, you need to have it hooked up to and resteart using the redsnow and the ispw. if you don't know what i'm talking about, you are best of to wait until a non-tethered JB is released.
barok
barok - November 29, 2010 at 6:13pm
Stuck on 'Exploiting limer1ain' or something like that. Ramdisk never loaded
Nick
Nick - December 4, 2010 at 9:39am
I had the same problem, you should try from another computer, worked for me!!
bill
bill - November 27, 2010 at 10:06am
redsnow crashes?
Jo
Jo - November 27, 2010 at 3:57pm
For me also... On vista it crashes down, on win7 it won't work. Damn
Nick
Nick - November 25, 2010 at 6:39am
It doesn`t work for me either, step 12 uploading ramdisk gets stuck for hours and ipad just reboots and there is no cydia, can someone please help?
Ellen Leung
Ellen Leung - November 24, 2010 at 12:26pm
It does not work. Don't do it.
Dinu
Dinu - November 24, 2010 at 2:42pm
it doesn't work what exactly?
Micke
Micke - December 1, 2010 at 5:42pm
Update 1 : Windows 7 or Vista users often need to use XP or 98 compatibility modes when launching redsn0w (right-click)
AoS_HJ
AoS_HJ - December 1, 2010 at 7:23pm
Just wanted to thank you for the pointer. Quite obvious really but i never thought of it lol Thanks again :-D
Dinu
Dinu - November 24, 2010 at 10:25am
Safari is crashing after jaibreak. I'm trying now to un-jaibreak this, anyone know how to undo this ?
RC
RC - December 16, 2010 at 1:32am
do the last step under "Important Note:" run redsnow again and check the box "just boot tethered right now" and go from there
jipad
jipad - November 24, 2010 at 1:06am
Cydia does not work after jailbreaking.
Bryan
Bryan - November 24, 2010 at 1:44am
Same for me, i tried booting back but redsn0w just stops working.
jipad
jipad - November 24, 2010 at 1:57am
i don't know the reason too, i have to try do it many time even restore the firmware and do the jailbreak from stretch but the cydia still does not work... may be because the cydia does not work that's why i don't need to jailbreak again after rebooting my ipad.
jipad
jipad - November 24, 2010 at 2:56am
i got it working now. you need to re-jailbreak again but select the "Just boot tethered right now"
ipad123123
ipad123123 - November 28, 2010 at 1:11am
re-jailbreaking works.. thanks
neu
neu - December 18, 2010 at 7:25pm
after finished the redsnow and reboot (5mins or so), the cydia wont install on the springboard, only a white blank cydia, have tried 2 times
neu
neu - December 18, 2010 at 7:31pm
sorry my mad, it works after, re JB and "Just boot tethered right now"...sorry for spam