Cydia Adds New \'Manage Account\' Feature

Cydia Adds New \'Manage Account\' Feature

Alex - January 19, 2011 at 8:03pm
Clearly, some of the people below are idiots. Supporting independent developers for the cleverness and hard earned time creating these products should be a given, whether in the form of a donation (which I have made several) or through a purchase. I like this new addition to Cydia. I\'m still waiting for the brand new version of Cydia that was promised some time ago as well as a stable jailbreak for the last version of iOS. I would also like to see a dist category in Cydia that lists only commercial applications I can purchase. I HATE having to sort through hundreds of releases to find something I have to pay for that I don\'t recall the name of. A category for purchasable apps (commercial) would be nice. A few e-mails to the admins of Cydia have gone unanswered however. No support in the jailbreak sector unfortunately. A price that must be paid for free tools I suppose.
GG - January 19, 2011 at 8:12pm
I agree, \"non-free\" filter would be nice. At least in the sections tab in cydia you can filter out categories like the useless ringtones cydia is flooded with
Mateo Godlike - January 19, 2011 at 9:54pm
Paid for a good majority of my applications is always a good thing for developers :]
Ralph Scopo - January 19, 2011 at 6:55pm
This looks Like a great app.
Maclsut - January 19, 2011 at 6:20pm
This is a great feature...something Apple\'s store doesn\'t even do. Unfortunately, I get the sense that jailbreaking on the iPhone is coming to an end. There hasn\'t been a public release in a long time for the current iOS, and no real word on any upcoming release. Not that I didn\'t appreciate everyone\'s hard work, but it\'s something to think about. If iOS is now essentially locked down, the party\'s over.
GG - January 19, 2011 at 6:33pm
I disagree. Jailbreaking will be around for a while. If u keep up with the developers on twitter and rss feeds you would know that they are strategically releasing updates to avoid wasting exploits.
Leonick - January 19, 2011 at 6:38pm
Ehm, 4.2.1 is jailbroken for all devices the newer ones unfortunately need a untether that you can only do if you have shsh blobs for 4.2 beta 3. Comex were going to release another untether but it were delayed and now is on hold for 4.3 All the current iDevices are jailbroken \"for life\" as the current jailbreak methods use hardware exploits and i have a feeling someone would find a new exploit for any new hardware fixing the current one.
Tony - January 19, 2011 at 7:23pm
Dude. You have to read a little bit about the jailbreak community. They are saving the exploit for 4.3.
Leonick - January 19, 2011 at 4:48pm
Lovely feature! Now I know why one of my apps never got an updated, they made a new one for 4.x :p Still wondering though, when are we getting that app backup feature? You know, the one that Rock had and that would come to Cydia \"soon\" when the bought Rock...
vang - January 19, 2011 at 4:48pm
Folks, quit the whining. A few bucks for some countless hours spent writing it. I ain\'t to much to ask for. If you even knew what it involves. Some people are just really that dumb. iFunbox..? I bet a good chunk of people here don\'t even know what var/ mobile is.
Me2 - January 19, 2011 at 4:22pm
Should it be joking or what!!!??? That acct manageable should be apple job not ur Job cydia!!! Cydia what happen to ur morale??? Y u give up urself dor money??? Thought there are good people like u guy in this world to fight mega monster, not joining them!!! This world Get sad n sadder n soon be saddest
Leonick - January 19, 2011 at 4:47pm
WTF are you saying?
thebasa - January 19, 2011 at 4:05pm
this is a fantastic feature. if only apple would do this for the app store so we don\'t have to guess which apps we might\'ve bought and commit to buying a new one before knowing if we bought it already. silly apple.
dancj - January 19, 2011 at 6:34pm
That was my immediate thought too. I\'ve been wanting the same functionality in the app store for ages.
Me - January 19, 2011 at 4:04pm
Wasn\'t all about Free ? Dev Team, what happened with all that shit ?
GG - January 19, 2011 at 4:39pm
Ur stupid...bottom line. There r plenty things available for free, if a developer decides to sell a product, u r not FORCED to buy it numb nutz
Leonick - January 19, 2011 at 4:46pm
What GG said aboive, also, the Devteam arent making all the Cydia apps if that\'s what you think It\'s always been all about allowing apps and tweak apple would not, i for one don\'t mind paying 1$ for someone great work on a tweak...