September 29, 2022
How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Mac) [4.3.1]

How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Mac) [4.3.1]

Posted April 3, 2011 at 1:20pm · 84 comments · Add Comment
Bernard
Bernard - October 2, 2012 at 1:44am
Hi. I need Help. I'd like to update my jailbroken iPhone 4 (9A405 MC608L firmware 04.10.01) actual os: 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. I tried with redSn0w and i couldn't
iphone user
iphone user - March 20, 2012 at 1:07pm
hello... can i update my iphone 4 baseband 04.11.08 to 6.15.00 on IOS 5.0.1? thanks!!
Truman
Truman - October 25, 2011 at 4:46pm
I got this error after upgrading Jailbroken and Unlocked iPhone 4 with baseband 01.59.00 on iOS 4.0.1 to iOS 4.3.3 using this guide: "Unable to find gBdevList Unable to find fs_mount Unable to find fs_unmount Unable to find fs_load _file Greenpois0n initialized" It was a mess to fix it but I was lucky enough to find this post that save my life and USD 400 that I paid for my iPhone: http://lifein0and1.com/2011/06/30/solved-iphone-3gs-stuck-in-dfu-blackwhite-screen/ These are the steps that I followed: 1- Open Tinyumbrella and click Fix Recovery 2- While it is launching Greenpois0n go to the terminal and run ./irecovery -s a couple of times. That stops Greenposon to load and the iPhone will get a white screen. 3- Then I opened Redsnow, Extras and click on PWNED DFU. 4- Finally I Restore from iTunes a Custom ipsw 4.3.3 created with Pwnage
Scott
Scott - May 10, 2011 at 2:57am
Will this work with OS 4.3.X on my iPhone 3G[S]?
MoTo
MoTo - July 9, 2011 at 8:04am
Maybe you should have your mom read the bold type to you...
jose miguel vasques
jose miguel vasques - March 19, 2012 at 6:23am
actualizar o iphone 4
eniram
eniram - May 6, 2011 at 10:15am
So I followed the steps and I have managed to upgrade ro 4.3.1 with the baseband the same at 1.59.00. But on my phone there is no cydia app to be found. Once I update the version am I supposed to JB the phone, but wont that update my baseband as well. Anyone have any ideas.
david
david - May 1, 2011 at 2:33am
it dont woek with my macbook i follow every single step and still give 1604 error does some know why
iPhoneDonate
iPhoneDonate - April 28, 2011 at 2:14pm
www.iphonedonate.com The campaign to give money: who unlocked the iPhone 4 by software?
Christine
Christine - April 28, 2011 at 12:35pm
Hey everyone! I was wondering if this works with Verizon's 4.2.7? I keep trying to downgrade to 4.2.6, but its not allowing me to. Even after TinyUmbrella, 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com, and DFU mode. I tried doing this method a bunch of times but kept getting the "Setting to configuration 1 Setting to interface 0:0 opening device 05ac:1281... " thing on the recoveryfix. I haven't tried putting it into DFU mode during that time, so I'm going to try again soon, but I'm also wondering if it has something to do with me being on my college's internet. Any suggestions?
Christine
Christine - April 28, 2011 at 12:52pm
Also, I just tried doing it again, and now i got Error (21)???
Uriel
Uriel - April 28, 2011 at 9:51am
Hi everyone. I've got stucked on RECOVERY MODE after step 8. Received error 1013 with no problems but, when i had to use TinyUmbrella FIX 43, the terminal keeps looping on "interface 0:0..." and cant get out of recovery. Anybody could help me please? I will appreciate so much. Phone was in 4.0.1. bb 01.59.00 Upgraded to 4.3.2, trying not to change de bb, using this guide. Thank you!!
Question before upgrading
Question before upgrading - April 16, 2011 at 4:23pm
Anyone could tell me if i'w have any problem upgrading my unlocked and working iPhone 4.0.1 baseband 01.59.00 using this tutorials. I've seen that there was some issues with ultrasn0w that had been fixed, but i'm a little bit afraid of beeing without service. Is there any way to backup applications? Hope anyone could help me. Thanks