They have also provided information on the DFU mode problem with Mac OS X 10.5.6.
We have been working hard on a few other things. The main one being the 3G unlock codenamed yellowsn0w. This is now completed and is currently being packaged into a user-friendly application with the simplicity that you see in QuickPwn or BootNeuter.
* The target release date for the unlock is New Years Eve 2008.
* This unlock method is available to iPhone 3Gs that have 2.11.07 baseband or earlier, we did warn you.
* The unlock requires a jailbroken 3G iPhone.
Lots of users have been experiencing problems with the use of DFU mode after applying yesterdays 10.5.6 system update.
We believe this behavior is due to a kernel bug not a specific countermeasure by Apple. Possible fixes are (try at your own risk!) -
1. Replace the following plugin kexts from within IOUSBFamily.kext with the ones from 10.5.5 and then rebuild kextcache (if you dont understand this, then you shouldnt attempt it!)
2. Use a USB hub in-between the DFU device and the Mac and insert/reinsert the iPhones USB cable.
3. Use a PwnageTool created .ipsw on Windows! Oh the irony!
In the same post the Dev-Team addresses the 2nd generation iPod touch saying that they will commence work on it some time in the new year.