November 26, 2022
QuickSMS for iPhone Delivers Speedy Texting

QuickSMS for iPhone Delivers Speedy Texting

Posted February 24, 2009 at 11:49am · 9 comments · Add Comment
Awayze
Awayze - February 24, 2009 at 12:01pm
Buggy as hell, made my iPhone go into safe mode 3 times in half an hour. Using the volume button to acess Quicksms is totally stupid,so everytime you want to increase the volume of your ringtone, Qucksms also opens, gets annoying. However it does have a pretty nice set of features, I don't know if it's capable of viewing received smileys in texts though. Why doesn't allow SMS apps, FFS APPLE, let devs develop what they want for the iPhone as long as it doesnt do any harm!!!
nathaniel
nathaniel - February 24, 2009 at 12:38pm
what version did u install?
Awayze
Awayze - February 24, 2009 at 3:31pm
The latest one that was available in Cydia, I installed it about 3 hours ago when it showed up in Cydia, I went and uninstalled it now, good SMS app but didnt like you have to use the volume button. Maybe link the app to the Home button, mines always set to home anyway so I don't really use it or user definei t so I can switch to double click Home instead of the volume button
nathaniel
nathaniel - February 24, 2009 at 4:55pm
the latest version is not available through Cydia without adding the repo mentioned in the article. according to their site it stops the safe mode crash.
Awayze
Awayze - February 24, 2009 at 4:59pm
Oh ok, thanks but I still dont like the idea of the volume button though. It's stupid!
Jawad
Jawad - February 25, 2009 at 2:43am
i completely agree that the volume key idea is pretty stupid and i had the safe mode problem with it as well....
Leandro
Leandro - February 25, 2009 at 8:21am
I also dislike the idea of the volume control.. Why not use a touch gesture? Like two taps on status bar, or similar. I don't want to install it again since it put mine in safe mode (using another source, not the one mentioned here), and unless there's another trigger it's useless for me. Hope you change the trigger sometime. Thanks.
Steve
Steve - March 6, 2009 at 8:51am
The repo in the article is wrong. The correct repo is: isoftru.ru/repo
CLEMENARD
CLEMENARD - March 20, 2009 at 1:56pm
Je voudrai acheter QuickSMS comment faire svp