November 26, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your 2G iPod Touch (Mac)

Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:58pm · 83 comments · Add Comment
Raphael Alves
Raphael Alves - March 14, 2009 at 1:35am
I Need Help ! In Step Nineteen : My Ipod in DFU mode, than i open the terminal and when i try to run rslite, it happns : Last login: Sat Mar 14 02:15:52 on ttys000 eMac01:~ getz$ cd ~/Desktop/Pwnage eMac01:Pwnage getz$ ./rslite -bash: ./rslite: Bad CPU type in executable eMac01:Pwnage getz$ What i`m doing wrong !? * Sorry my bad english eMac 1.25Ghz - 1.5 Ghz RAM - OSX 10.5.5
terrpy
terrpy - March 19, 2009 at 1:17am
It looks like rslite won't run in eMac (PPC).
Christian
Christian - March 29, 2009 at 11:43am
Apparently this only works on intel Macs - with PPCs (Power PCs) you will get "./rslite: Bad CPU type in executable" in Step 19. Maybe it would be nice to mention this before the first step, so other PPC users don't waste their time on the first 18 steps. (like I did just now)
Christian
Christian - March 30, 2009 at 10:25am
ACtually I found the rslite version for PPC yesterday. You may download it here: http://outgoing.ipodtouchfans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL2lwaHduLm9yZy9yc2xpdGUxMDF1LnppcA~~ I just extracted it and used the rslite executable in there. Now everything worked perfectly (Just that I needed 3 attempt to get into DFU mode - YouTube is your friend). Thanks for the tutorial!!!!
Sam
Sam - March 13, 2009 at 9:58pm
I am still running Tiger, and realized at four in the morning that I needed Leopard in order to use the latest version of Xcode. Is there an alternate way of doing things so I don't have to upgrade my OS?
sam
sam - March 13, 2009 at 11:14pm
ignore this. redkultat addressed this already. I implemented his changes and... Success!
Almost there
Almost there - March 13, 2009 at 8:58pm
Ok so im on step 14 and everything is going great but at the beginning when you asked us to download iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw iPod2,1_2.1.1_5F138_Restore.ipsw i did but they where folders not lego like icons so now im not sure what to do. and after that do i and how do i put my ipod into recovery mode... thank you
redkulat
redkulat - March 13, 2009 at 11:51am
Also, Tiger uses need the libusb package for their OS. The one posted is for Leopard only.
redkulat
redkulat - March 13, 2009 at 3:58am
Thanks for the tutorial, but you need to clarify for people that this is for Leopard only. I'm using Tiger right now and don't want to bother dishing out $99 for Leopard since Snow Leopard is coming out this summer. If you are using Tiger: That version of Xcode will not work, install the one from Tiger installer disc (disc #1). Make sure you use this version of rslite: http://outgoing.ipodtouchfans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL2lwaHduLm9yZy9yc2xpdGUxMDF1LnppcA~~ I got to the last step and kept getting a 'Bus error'...so I'm going to have to try again. For now my iPod is a dud since it won't restore in iTunes and sicne the jailbreak didn't work out too well.
erkkiesimerkki
erkkiesimerkki - March 13, 2009 at 3:46am
Thank You for the tutorial but I also have a problem with step 19. When I do !iBSS211.dfu in DFU mode i get an "Ok" but then my jumps off the DFU mode an restarts. If I then try to put in DFU mode again and try to do the next step I only get error messages. What am I doing wrong? Thank You for any help
eggn0G
eggn0G - March 13, 2009 at 2:13am
I got everything done right but when I started restoring my iPod 2G I got an error stating "The iPod could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (1600)." Should i do everything over? or should i just go back to a specific step? if there is, which step is it... thanks.
Laurie
Laurie - March 18, 2009 at 5:18am
I am also getting this problem repeatedly, the internet hasn't successfully helped on this issue ( http://www.simonblog.com/2008/09/25/winpwn-error-6-1600-1601-1604/ ) please help me someone! i really want to play monkeyy island on the bus!!!
jeff
jeff - March 18, 2009 at 5:19pm
I have the same problem! please help!!!
zehzinho
zehzinho - March 13, 2009 at 1:12am
When I did Step 19, I get this message: dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib Referenced from: /Users/macbook/Desktop/Pwnage/./rslite Reason: image not found Trace/BPT trap Any advice? tks
John le Wayne fan
John le Wayne fan - March 13, 2009 at 10:29am
You just have to install libusb like in the tutorial described^^
YEAAA
YEAAA - March 12, 2009 at 9:11pm
THANK YOU SOO MUCH U GUYS R THE BESTT!!!
pariah
pariah - March 12, 2009 at 7:07pm
Everything seems to have worked beautifully. Thanks for the help. One very stupid question. What do I do with the created files in the pwnage folder. Should I keep this stuff? Do I need it for anything like a restore or something or is it all trash? Thanks again
docmac
docmac - March 12, 2009 at 8:51pm
good question, I would think all we need to keep is the newly made ipsw but I backed up the whole folder just to be safe! btw, is anyone else having trouble with the camera now? lol