September 26, 2022

How to Generate a Unique Certificate for Your iPhone 3GS' iBSS (Windows)

Posted June 26, 2009 at 1:52am · 35 comments · Add Comment
BRIKZ
BRIKZ - July 6, 2009 at 1:56pm
I am not sure you even need this step anymore with his new jailbreak. I did purplera1n and never even used those other files. So maybe they arent necessary.
brikz
brikz - July 4, 2009 at 3:43pm
On the site now is the new program does this mean that you can't generate a unique certificate anymore? Or what do i do now if i don't have it yet?? Please reply.
J
J - July 5, 2009 at 6:54pm
Worked fine, under the Windows & Apple logo there is a area to insert the number!
Bleikur
Bleikur - July 2, 2009 at 11:54am
I did exactly as described. purplera1n.com however reloads the page but does not deliver any file. Has any of you guys managed to solve that same issue?
richard Miller
richard Miller - July 2, 2009 at 12:28pm
i aint getting nothing either - both safari and firefox... anyone got any ideas?
J
J - July 5, 2009 at 6:50pm
Worked for me........ inserted the number & a file was generated!
Kris
Kris - July 2, 2009 at 12:12am
if you can't find the field on the page tab to it
spartacus
spartacus - July 1, 2009 at 11:04am
I tried inputting my ECID and I get no response from the website about downloading the file. I have tried pasting it in and manually typing it all in. After I hit return, I get nothing. I am 100% sure it's the correct number, it's 16 digits, it's HEX. WTF am I doing wrong? Anyone else having this problem?
rvs007
rvs007 - July 1, 2009 at 11:38am
Are you doing this with a 3G or a 3GS iPhone? This only works with the 3GS.
spartacus
spartacus - July 2, 2009 at 9:53am
Of course my phone is the 3G S. I wouldn't be trying this otherwise. XP
jsg
jsg - June 29, 2009 at 8:59pm
I have tried to find the "iBoot" on the tree for usbview and it does not show up on my computer. Is there anything else I can try?
m17
m17 - June 29, 2009 at 4:40am
Great! works exactly as it says... however, it didn't mention how to exit from DFU mode - if you are stuck (like me), just hold power & home buttons for about 10secs and the phone should restart itself. Thanks guys!
Brynna
Brynna - June 29, 2009 at 2:07am
I'm new at this iphone thingy. I'm confused, why does the ECID need to be entered into that website?
Chonburi Am
Chonburi Am - June 28, 2009 at 8:52pm
when i go to control v and paste into the website all i see it say is device descripto and i click enter and it says ECID must be a hex string.Can someone please help me thanks
researchermo
researchermo - June 28, 2009 at 9:06pm
Did you copy it directly from the USB view window? DON'T incude anything but the numeric string to the right of EICD. There are several numbers on that line, you only want what is from the space after the colon to the space that goes to the next element on that line.
ericidle
ericidle - June 26, 2009 at 3:17pm
worked a treat, if you having difficulty read it again you only need the data that follws ECID: Scroll to the right in USB View its contained in the long line of data, this is the only line which extends so far right, the ECID data is the hexadecimal immeiately following ECID: when your in the purple ra1n screen scroll to the bottom and click slighly left of center until the cursor appears in the appropriate field, its hidden black on black so not eassily spotted, paste your ECID data here and hit enter, this will open and file save widow, just save that file where you can find it for a purplera1ny day perhaps :o)
rvs007
rvs007 - June 27, 2009 at 2:38am
I was able to get into recovery mode and get the ECID.. However, when I put the string into the purplera1n website, it doesn't return anything.. no file, no option to save or view... anyone has this problem?
Ericidle
Ericidle - June 27, 2009 at 9:14am
Did you hit enter after you pasted ecid into the field?
Rvs007
Rvs007 - June 27, 2009 at 10:40am
Ya I did. I just realized this is only for the 3GS... I was doing it for my 3G which is probably the reason why it won't accept the ECID and return a text file. I'll try it again when I get my 3GS which is backordered for now :-(