March 30, 2023
How to Enabled MMS on Your iPhone 2G

How to Enabled MMS on Your iPhone 2G
Comments

Posted June 29, 2009 at 1:50pm · 115 comments · Add Comment
Anthony
Anthony - May 3, 2010 at 1:58pm
So i can't find this anywhere under the ispazio repository in Cydia. Has there been an update on this? i've tried searching through the net for a fix, i've tried the iphonorepo and some other ones but no luck. anything?
Evelyn
Evelyn - August 29, 2013 at 2:52pm
Yes, a very good piece indeed. The photo is not nlssecariey representative of today's 70-year-old (I know because I'm over 70 myself), but her facial expres...
Ahmed
Ahmed - September 20, 2009 at 3:50am
After upgrading to 3.1 DO NOT enable MMS using this. I tried it 3 times and it hung my iphone 2G. If it is hung enter DFU mode using the tutorial in iclarified. After which use the DFU mode in PWNAGE and then restore normally with the custom firmware you already built
Benz
Benz - October 4, 2009 at 2:18pm
My laptop does not see my iphone when I connect the device to my computer. Did you have this problem before? And how could you solve it? Could you please tell me how to enter DFU mode? Thank you so much.
ceefax
ceefax - October 17, 2009 at 6:01pm
Where can i find ActivateMMS2G? I have a 2G phone and 3.0 software installed. Any ideas?
David
David - September 17, 2009 at 12:17pm
Does this work on firmware 3.1?
kevin
kevin - October 4, 2009 at 12:55pm
NO!!!!! Activatemms2G does NOT work for 3.1! IT will Brick your phone and it just becomes a big hassle. Were going to have to wait till someone makes a patch for this
Masae
Masae - August 27, 2013 at 4:54pm
How great that you went up to visit Kristen! I need to get up there when Jax nurse is here. Oh and I keep forgeting to send you a check for my cladnears. Are you not the president anymore? Should I send them somewhere else?
Paul
Paul - August 22, 2009 at 3:57am
i have searched in cydia and there is no file to activate mms 2g - any suggestions - has it been removed
Tolu
Tolu - August 22, 2009 at 6:34am
Yeah... the Ispazio repo is not available for now, they r upgrading to a bigger server so we alll have to wait
tlmahesh
tlmahesh - August 19, 2009 at 5:15pm
did this actully work for you in US. I did the APN change and restart. I still cannot see the cellular data n/w option in general settings..
Josh
Josh - August 19, 2009 at 4:17pm
I just tried this and got this message "NetDB: Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known." Any ideas on what this means and if there's a way around it or not?
tl Mahesh
tl Mahesh - August 1, 2009 at 3:51pm
After installing this, my phone just hung on apple logo. After several tries of Power and home button combination, it gave me the option to restore. I reconfigured the phone, as i did when newly purchased and resynched everything. Did the MMS install twice and it did not work at all. Both time I had to reinstall everything from scratch..
geeji
geeji - August 1, 2009 at 9:01am
Although it works perfectly, ActivateMMS2G has the unfortunate effect of dividing by 6 the idle autonomy of my iPhone V1 (300+ hours -> less than 48). The same problem has been found by others. Let's hope for an update of ActivateMMS2G since it was a great add-on to all V1 iPhones. My configuration : iPhone v1 US, BL 3.9, jailbroken + desimlocked with redsn0w-mac_0.8
cavehtoossi
cavehtoossi - July 30, 2009 at 10:48am
what i did was that i got swirly & checked its setting & typed all its info for my network setting after installing the activation, after 2 reboots it worked & i got the camera on my sms app!
Adam
Adam - July 23, 2009 at 8:55am
My issue is not only did it not work for me, but after I installed, I could not even launch Cydia. It would open then crash. Wound up bringing my phone back to factory settings. Any idea what I did wrong?
Raul
Raul - July 16, 2009 at 12:34pm
I seem to have the opposite problem as everyone else. I have both APN and MMS APN setting enabled. They're both set at internet2.voicestream.com It was working normally for me but then after I upgraded the 'mobile substrate' on Cyidia I don't have a camera icon of the option to turn MMS on in the settings app. Could mobile substrate have something to do with it? I tried resetting my phone, I turned off and uninstalled all apps that use mobile substrate and still nothing. However, MMS APN settings remained through out. I'm so confused :|
ritz
ritz - July 14, 2009 at 6:20am
My phone hang, and still is (after a day)..after downloading the app and attempted Reboot. Can anyone help me please...
PerrA
PerrA - July 24, 2009 at 2:14pm
MMS dont work.. Just makes your Iphone freeze. Hold down power button 10 sec then home 3 sec or vice versa then u must jailbreak it again..
jakefoster
jakefoster - July 7, 2009 at 3:45pm
Hi i installed the activemms2g and it didnt work for me. i reinstalled it and it still didnt work for me. i didnt get the button on the messaging screen. can anyone help?
Lashley
Lashley - July 8, 2009 at 9:33pm
Bro, You have to get the Carrier bundle. UnInstall Activate2gmms & reboot. Then go into Cydia make sure you have the Mod My I repository (if not add it as a resource on the cydia frot page). Look for the T mobile Bundle Carrier Pack ( I assume you are t-mobile. Install it. Re boot. Then you should have the Toggle switches in Messages setting. Once you do that Then Install Activate2gMMS Then you should be good to go, Well after you change the APN via Unlockit,co.nz Google That on Safari via Iphone. Joey Long Balls AKA LAshley
ivan
ivan - July 8, 2009 at 9:55pm
just adjust your settings in SETTINGS>GENERAL.NETWORK>CELLULAR DATA NETWORK first. There's a link earlier in the thread to the settings. After that reboot your phone if you already have the mms installed and there you have it. If you do not have it, just install it and reboot. REMEMBER TO GET THE SETTINGS CORRECT FIRST!!!!!!!
M
M - July 5, 2009 at 11:44am
That worked brilliantly with the saving issue, thanks! :-)
Al
Al - July 17, 2009 at 11:18am
This URL does not work !
N4rit4
N4rit4 - August 6, 2009 at 10:37am
Worked great on my phone, the second time I installed the cellular data info icl. the max size and proxy
nameless2k
nameless2k - July 5, 2009 at 8:32am
http://news.metaparadigma.de/?p=2404 article explains in deep how to install ActivateMMS2G to make it work on 99% of all the iPhones 2G. No Camera issue, no Cellular Data Network Save Error, no Send Error.
Al B
Al B - July 4, 2009 at 8:08am
This is almost there, thank you for that! How do you get the MMS APN, Username and Password entries to stick though when you have different APN data for MMS and Cellular Data? I am on Vodafone UK and the MMS settings get deleted when I come out of network settings.
ahmad
ahmad - July 5, 2009 at 8:27am
check this article: http://news.metaparadigma.de/?p=2404 how to solve MMS save issues. Eventually worked for me.
Al B
Al B - July 5, 2009 at 6:41pm
ahmad, Thank you very much for the link! Worked first time. My wife is very happy, she is sending and receiving MMS on her iPhone 2G on the Vodafone UK network now.
Umair
Umair - July 2, 2009 at 8:57am
me install the active mms in my phone its not show camera in message can any body have this kind of problem plz help me
ahmad
ahmad - July 5, 2009 at 8:28am
check this article: http://news.metaparadigma.de/?p=2404 how to solve MMS camera icon isues. Eventually worked for me.
dave
dave - July 1, 2009 at 7:25pm
I just tried to do this now my phone is stuck with the apple and it wont do anything. I did the reboot by holding home button and power button comes to apple screen again and stops there. I then tired to hook up to itunes and it dosent register. Can anybody help ?????
Wender
Wender - July 2, 2009 at 11:30am
Hi, same happen to me. I had to restore the iphone with iTunes.
morgan
morgan - July 21, 2009 at 5:38pm
Hey, the same thing happened to me. What you need to do is hold the power button down until it is off, then plug it into your computer. Turn the phone off again and go onto redsn0w and jailbreak it over again. I just did this five minutes ago and it worked. Hope this helps : )
Gabriel Klein
Gabriel Klein - July 1, 2009 at 4:49pm
BEAUTIFUL! what you guys do at iClarified is great! thanks for all these tutorials.. they help a ton...
Wender
Wender - July 1, 2009 at 12:49pm
When I reboot the device, it never restart, only show the black screen with the apple and never start nothing, I had to re-jailbreak again.
iamse7en
iamse7en - July 13, 2009 at 1:19pm
I got the black screen as well, but it finally rebooted after about a minute or so.
D
D - July 1, 2009 at 3:49am
Why is it that when first updated to 3.0 on my 3g it already had the mms enabled under SMS but when I was doing a friends week later it didn't have it? I'm confused? I didn't use no patch the first time but now I have to, why?
Scott
Scott - June 30, 2009 at 2:04pm
After fooling around with this for a day, I uninstalled it. It started working, but the quality is really awful to the point of irrelevance. Plus, it caused the phone to get very buggy (rebooted 4 times and it slowed down the phone considerably and caused crashes of other apps constantly) and drained battery life very quickly since it's checking the WAP server for MMS all the time. Unless you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY need MMS capability, not worth it in the slightest. Just email photos back and forth: it'll look better and is free instead of 25 cents per awful-looking MMS.
EVIL666
EVIL666 - July 3, 2009 at 3:24am
AGREE 100% SOFTWARE IS REALLY BUGGY I GOT IT WORKING WITH TMOBILE BUT EVERYTIME I GET AN MMS OR SMS MY IPHONE 2G WILL FREZZE AND THEN I WILL RESTART AND THATS WHEN IT SHOW ME THE MMS OR SMS MY PHONE KEEP MESSING UP SO I RESTORED IT
Nick
Nick - June 30, 2009 at 9:21am
I'm using it successfully on Tmobile USA, however it did lock up my phone during the initial reboot. Had to restore and rejailbreak the phone. It installed perfectly the first time on my wifes phone. The ONLY difference in the 2 was that I had the "aperture battery" installed from Cydia and she did not. I did not have "aperture battery" installed when I installed it on mine the second time. The only concern we are having is a basic resolution issue. Images taken with an iphone and sent to another seem to be about half the resolution but are displayed at full screen size. This makes the image very pixelated.
Rich
Rich - June 30, 2009 at 9:23am
Can anyone tell me how to make this work on T Mobile USA
Jay
Jay - June 30, 2009 at 10:10am
All the APN's in the settings have to be set to wap.voicestream.com. MMSC: 216.155.174.85/servlets/mms MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080 MMS Mac Message: 307200
Derek
Derek - June 30, 2009 at 3:47pm
hey, how did you get it working on the t mobile network? it hasnt worked yet for mine? do you need the internet data plan to send MMS?
carlosmc23
carlosmc23 - June 30, 2009 at 8:39am
Hello, anyone's got the config details for Vodafone Spain? Thank you very much in advance!
Jackal
Jackal - June 30, 2009 at 8:05am
After downloading this app, i was able to view camera button in SMS app. But can't able to view that General/network/Cellular Data. Same thing happened with many others also, as per these posts. I restarted many times but nothing happened. Then i sent an MMS to myself to test IN/OUT of MMS, and it worked OUT OF THE BOX !!!! Without APN setting. How !!! i have no guess. I am using Airtel, INDIA. Good Luck for others......IT'S A NICE APP. My Vote to it.
hoobustank13
hoobustank13 - June 30, 2009 at 2:49am
well this did a whole lot of nothing except freeze my phone up. after rebooting the phone after installation, it wouldnt boot up. all it did was sit there with a blank screen and every so often flash the apple logo and start over again. kind of sucks since it seems like a very simple process and many others got it to work. well, re-jailbreaking it did nothing to fix the problem, seems reformatting...again..will fix it. gotta start from scratch once more.
Matheus
Matheus - June 30, 2009 at 2:15am
My IPhohne doesnt show me the MMS (APN) settings...i have restarted more then 5 times and nothing. What else can i do ??? Tks
ahmad
ahmad - July 5, 2009 at 8:33am
go here and follow it: http://news.metaparadigma.de/?p=2404
rkp01_jec
rkp01_jec - June 30, 2009 at 2:09am
APN service does not work on my iPhone how to enable apple push notification service in my jailbreak iphone 2G ,with iphone os 3.0 ?????????????????????
Alpha Gight
Alpha Gight - June 30, 2009 at 1:01am
I guess I'm the only one to do this and stupid for doing so. 1) I currently have the iphone 2g jailbroken/unlocked with 2.2.1 2) I didn't read the instructions throroughly to install this MMS on iphone 2g NEEDS TO HAVE 3.0 software on iphone 2g to work 3) I went on my iphone 2g with 2.2.1 and went to cydia and installed this. I let it install 4) My iphone will not boot it will only go to the home screen with a Pinapple on it and stay there. Is there anything I can do to get it to run? I try to install 3.0 software with pwnage but will not even be read from my Macbook(intel 2.0ghz) Please email me if you have a solution and that would be much appreciated. da_illone@hotmail.com
Poupi
Poupi - June 30, 2009 at 1:57pm
I did the same mistake and i'm stuck with iclarified logo. Did you have any progress?
Lilian
Lilian - June 30, 2009 at 8:04pm
Me too....What should we do now?
neil
neil - July 1, 2009 at 3:50am
I tried to activate mms via cydia, all it did was freeze my phone up. After finally getting it into the restore mode, had to re do it all thru pwnage. After finally getting the phone back working I dont think il try that again. Has anyone upgraded to 3.0 yet? Im on 2. something still.
Poupi
Poupi - July 1, 2009 at 10:08am
How did you get it on restore mode? Mine is still freezed and it doesn't show up at my mac at all.
Sam
Sam - July 1, 2009 at 10:50am
You need to upgrade 3.0 from iTunes, then jailbreak/unlock by using redsn0w. (window users)
Poupi
Poupi - July 2, 2009 at 8:38am
O.k. I've manage to repair it. First i put it in a recovery mode by pushing together for 10 seconds the power and home button and then releasing the power but keep pushing the home button until it showed up on itunes.Then i 've jailbroken it it again by using the firmware 2.2.1 and then i had the option from itunes to restore it again. I hope i helped.
alissa
alissa - July 25, 2009 at 10:25pm
how did you get your phone to come back to the 'springboard' screen. everytime i try to power up the phone, i get the apple logo and it just freezes there. itunes will not recognize my phone. how did you get itunes to recognize your phone?
Ariq819
Ariq819 - June 29, 2009 at 10:36pm
I spoke to soon, its not working for me either, and I've tried all kinds of settings, My setting s do stay, but they dont work, :-( I'm going to take a dinner break and then start over,
virtualmoon
virtualmoon - June 29, 2009 at 10:25pm
Hey guys! I cant fin MMS setting and nothing refer to cellular data network on my jailbroken 2g iphone! any comments will be helpfull!
Zach Drago
Zach Drago - June 29, 2009 at 9:56pm
how do you activate MMS on our 3G?
DAVID
DAVID - June 29, 2009 at 9:59pm
WELL first of all dont download this app if u are in 3g,all you have to do is enter the right mms settings depending on your carrier
DAVID
DAVID - June 29, 2009 at 9:49pm
THIS IS MY PROBLEM, everything works great, butttttt when i enter my mms settings and reboot the mms apn setting dont save ,do to the fact that it has to be the same as the internet apn settings so i do that, and bammm it works meaning mms, buttt now my internet dont work , so how can i keep my internet settings at internet2.voicestream.com ,and my mms settings at wap.voicestream.com whith out them erasing,can anybody solve this please.tmobile U.S.A
chris
chris - June 29, 2009 at 10:29pm
can you switch your internet to the 5.99 tzones and use the wap.voicestream.com. thats the setup i have and it works great.
Jay
Jay - June 29, 2009 at 11:51pm
The APN's all have to be the same or it wont save. wap.voicestream.com is what they all need to be for TMobile USA. See me other comment on page 2 for the correct settings.
Raul
Raul - July 16, 2009 at 12:29pm
Well, I have internet2.voicestram.com for my internet and I just put internet2.voicestream.com for MMS and it works. They just have to be the same.
Greg
Greg - July 18, 2009 at 3:06am
David did you get this to work. Also, does anyone know what RAUL had for his MMSC and MMS Proxy? David, if you get this to work please shoot me over an email. Thank you.
Massimo Scicali
Massimo Scicali - June 29, 2009 at 9:06pm
I have 2 G jailbroke, unlocked on V3,.0. Just Installed this, but doesn't work. I don't have the little camera icon to the bottom left. Neither I have access to mobile network configuration. Does anyone know if the BenM from Safri works?
chris
chris - June 29, 2009 at 10:33pm
reset your phone two more times. then go into settings>general>network>cellular data network. set up your stuff it will be there if you reset enough times, once you do that you reset then go to settings> messages and turn it on. after you do all this if your settings dont work do the help.whatevr. it works but you have to have your settings showing.
Massimo Scicali
Massimo Scicali - June 29, 2009 at 11:17pm
SORRY, BUT THIS JUST DOESN'T WORK. I re installed the feature and reset the phone 4 times, but nothing changed. No camera icon nor network options that I can see.
nic305
nic305 - June 29, 2009 at 8:48pm
when ever i try to send a picture the message fails. could it be my settings??
Ariq819
Ariq819 - June 29, 2009 at 7:37pm
It worked great for me, Good Luck!
Tolu
Tolu - June 29, 2009 at 7:35pm
dey probly used a n iphone 3g for the tutorial...... got it dou, Settings-General-Network- CDN (cellular data network) n dre it is!!
Scott
Scott - June 29, 2009 at 7:28pm
Yep, definitely having the same problems as a lot of other folks; T-Mobile US user who can send/receive small blurry images with the wap.voicestream.com settings but can't do it with internet2.voicestream.com, and also can't get online with wap or epc (get the "not part of your subscription" message). I've got the $9.99 unlimited internet with phones plan.
Matheus
Matheus - June 29, 2009 at 7:12pm
Hi guys ! I cannot find the MMS setting into settings/general/cellular network. What do i have to do to "see" this settings ? Tks
michaeld9
michaeld9 - June 29, 2009 at 7:23pm
go to settings/general/network/cellular data network...you'll see the MMS section halfway down the screen. Use the same settings as Swirly. Good luck.
chris
chris - June 29, 2009 at 10:37pm
reboot your phone three or four times.
iClarified
iClarified - June 29, 2009 at 6:46pm
We very rarely delete posts and haven't deleted any on this one...
Jay
Jay - June 30, 2009 at 12:05am
Why wont iClarified answer my emails and fix my login?