September 26, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone, iPod Using BlackRa1n [Mac]

Posted October 14, 2009 at 12:12am · 84 comments · Add Comment
Shopping cart solutions
Shopping cart solutions - February 23, 2012 at 7:03am
I phone is the one of the best cell phones in world were it has a good camera.touch screen and iA5 chip for fastest performance.
Alessan
Alessan - March 10, 2012 at 3:56pm
Greetings! Quick question that's plecoetmly off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. Cheers!
Ahmed
Ahmed - April 6, 2014 at 9:33am
Bin abood
Sergio
Sergio - December 26, 2011 at 6:25pm
I wanna say thank you for your free app, but doesn't work in my iphone, can you help me???
chris
chris - February 13, 2010 at 6:25pm
I just bought a brand new Iphone 32gig 3GS and connected my device and ran blackra1n. Now the phone seems to still be in restore mode but it does not come on. I've tried to reboot the device by clicking home and power button but it doesn't seem to help. Screen does not come on. I've paid an astronomical price on getting this device without contract. Please help!!!
Ecua4ever
Ecua4ever - February 19, 2010 at 2:47pm
my friend you have to run blackra1n again and again an the second time will work fine don't worry tray again i hope this helps to you
Clive The Butcher
Clive The Butcher - January 30, 2010 at 12:13pm
Could anyone help? I've tried to jailbreak using a Mac Powerbook G4 on 10.4.11 but when I click make it rain I do not get the image as it reboots. Instead a image becomes one of the white lead instructing to connect to iTunes. When I do this it tells me that there is an error and the phone needs to be restored. I've restored the phone and tried again. I've followed the above steps, tried with iTunes open and closed but still no image as it reboots. Am I missing something? Thank you Geohot for all the effort in making this!
joe
joe - March 8, 2010 at 12:20pm
yeah, i tried with exactly same configuration as yours, and no luck.. then i tried on a macbook pro with leopard and yes! it worked :)
Jayden
Jayden - January 21, 2010 at 10:13pm
i'm scared to death to jailbreak my Iphone becuase its the only phone i have and everyone keeps telling me it will shut my phone down, is that true?
sokchea
sokchea - January 18, 2010 at 1:23am
hi just do it one time, i can jailbreak my factory-unlock iphone 3gs version 3.1.2. i followed the instruction above first time, the iphone is still in dfu mode. but i click on the blackra1n and click on make it ra1n. then the phone restarted and work flawlessly; wifi is working, the phone call is ok. i can also install cycdia. thank for your help, iclarified.
greg
greg - January 9, 2010 at 8:34am
i suggest not updating the carrier settings after the jailbreak. I launched itunes and it prompted me to update the carrier settings i did it and I couldn't connect to the network overseas anymore so i have to restore the software with itunes and the backup which took another hour or more.
Greg
Greg - January 10, 2010 at 9:36am
jailbreak worked only issue I have is it has trouble with wifi I connects to the network that I always could get on but can't get any internet.
Ahmed
Ahmed - April 6, 2014 at 9:31am
Hdbbdbdn
Ahmed
Ahmed - April 6, 2014 at 9:31am
How kikers
ste.ve
ste.ve - January 7, 2010 at 3:23pm
Neither one - BlackRa1n or pwnage works for me. I have an legally bought (without the need to activate it) iPhone 3GS and Mac OSX 10.6 -Snow Leopard. With BlackRa1n, all seemed fine up to the moment it was supposed to reboot at last - it didn't and remained in the Recovery mode. With Pawnage I normally created the Jailbroken package (as many times before on OSX 10.5 and my old 3G iPhone), and when in recovery, I chose the customized package - everything seemed to be running just right until "Checking with software update server" or something like that appeared - and suddenly, it dropped back to recovery mode... Any ideas will be strongly appreciated!!! Thank you!!
gurkan
gurkan - February 12, 2010 at 5:02pm
You have to run blackrain twice. Did you do that?
Rachela
Rachela - January 5, 2010 at 5:47pm
I had no trouble, I updated the software in itunes... then it said my sim wasnt supported (no shocks there... 2 degrees in NZ - iPhone 3G !), then after it restored to 3.1.2 I opened Blakra1n with itunes still open (Mac 10.5.8 BTW) and clicked make it rain... what's the problem with everyone else.. mine worked perfectly !! Only thing is iTunes app doesnt work (I use MXTube whih is better) but the big problem is no MMS support :(
fatman
fatman - December 25, 2009 at 11:24pm
i hooked it up and it was recovering but then itunes said i hav to restore it and i did but it didnt reboot. Ipod touch 32GB
fatman