September 25, 2022
FCC Proposes Net Neutrality Law, McCain Announces Bill to Block It

FCC Proposes Net Neutrality Law, McCain Announces Bill to Block It

Posted October 22, 2009 at 9:53pm · 9 comments · Add Comment
WyzePro
WyzePro - October 23, 2009 at 7:58am
I'm trying to understand how being neutral is stifiling.....I have a fairly basic understanding of things and last i checked neutral means not getting in the way of things either way.....some guy in his basement is coming up with the best ideas right now....ideas that will never see the light of day if this bill passes....
stitso
stitso - October 23, 2009 at 1:12am
Look at this man! he shows confidence and his body language reads I know this I RUN THIS SHOW.
Jeff
Jeff - October 22, 2009 at 11:15pm
God Love a good Republican... These Frikin Demicraps in Washington have made a GREAT mess of stuff now, lets give them that much more. HELL, they can't get Flu shots out on time and they want health-Care reform.. WHY not Internet Reform?...
Steve
Steve - October 23, 2009 at 12:49am
Whenever you answer a question with "why not" instead of reason why you should.....it probably shouldn't be done. If you think the government is not handling the current Flu vaccine properly, then you try coming up with a vaccine for everyone in this country and delivering it....
Jeff
Jeff - October 23, 2009 at 7:31am
My Point is Made, YOU THOUGHT... This fine Government Health care plan is just ONE thing in a list. They cant fix the Flu Vaccine and you want them to run the entire system. I (Over Many Years now) have dealt with FCC on many levels they really just need to LEAVE this to Humans and NOT Washington Bureaucrats. Hell, the FCC can't even get Broadband over Power-lines Figured out?.. Even After being informed of all the problems involved. Also, I guess I'm getting REALLY tired of these People telling me They Know Better than I do, When did they Forget "THEY WORK FOR ME" not the other way Around.. I think a Lot of Washington will clear out in hte next Election. Just like you or I, If you can't do what your told at work, We WILL replace you with someone that can... As for Sighting Eg. Love to, but this isn't the place.. (( But I got you thinking for YOURSELF, and thats my Job ))
steve humann
steve humann - October 24, 2009 at 4:57am
ohgawd. yeah, you made me think I suppose, have to give you that. what you made me think is how sad it is to have to share this planet with willfully clueless people such as yourself. no doubt you're a fellow countryman too with that clever "demicraps" name for the opposition party. why don't you do a little research on what we stand to lose if a corporate end-run is made around existing net-neutrality rules that the internet was founded with. and you think Powell's FCC was some sort of evil gubmint hindrance to the telcos and cablecos? Powell who openly scoffed at the notion of there being something called the public benefit? wow, is there any oxygen where you watch your Fox?
Steve
Steve - October 22, 2009 at 10:35pm
Last I checked we were like last in wireless technology. Proof that McCain is an idiot. Net Neutrality would not stifle innovation, in-fact it's just the opposite. It's about time the ISPs pony up to all the fees they have been charging just to boast about profits. As a developer, knowing that what I develop will not be discriminated against any other data will actually keep me innovating. If I have to tip-toe around what some d-bag who probably can't even work his cell phone without the help of one of his aides says, I am gonna be one pissed off person. I love the internet, I do not mind paying for it. But when I have to pay access for different "tiers" of internet (much like how you subscribe to cable) I'll gladly tell the government and ISPs to FUCK OFF
yiyopr
yiyopr - October 22, 2009 at 10:26pm
God damn Republicans!!!!!!!!!!! (let the flaming begin :)
asd
asd - October 22, 2009 at 10:21pm
thankgod this john mccain idiot didnt become the president ! poking fun at him : he knows best i mean he's seen all kinds of stuff , and has accumulated infinite wisdom over time , i mean he was a young boy when the WHEEL was first invented ! :)