Apple Says Unexpected iPhone 6s Shutdowns Are Due to Battery Manufacturing Issue

BlueTopaz - December 5, 2016 at 11:19pm
No wonder!!! I had to carry around two chargers with me. I checked and mine is eligible for replacement. It has frozen and restarted quite many times. Thankfully in two days I get my 7 Plus. I'm really hoping the battery on that is a huge improvement from the crappy one on my 6S now.
Instigater - December 2, 2016 at 6:25pm
Does anyone know if there are exchanging the iPhone or just replacing the battery?
JAYBRO - December 2, 2016 at 6:49pm
Apple is replacing just the battery; remember if your screen is damaged, the SCREEN must be replaced first (at your expense) prior to apple replacing the battery.
:D - December 2, 2016 at 8:09pm
That's ridiculous they know damn well they can replace the battery without the screen (I have done it before) just put tape on the top of it and use the suction cup to pull up on it and pry the screen up. It's rather simple with the right tools.
Robert - December 2, 2016 at 11:58pm
I was today at Apple Store with this issue and the guy replaced my phone saying they don't replace the battery.
JAYBRO - December 3, 2016 at 12:01am
Only certain iPhones with certain serial numbers qualify. If yours qualify with your serial number, go back and tell them they are dumbasses.
BlueTopaz - December 5, 2016 at 11:22pm
Why would he do that? They replaced the phone instead. Sounds like a win win to me.
Tmel4198 - December 2, 2016 at 6:11pm
Anyone know where i can purchase this battery that they use to replace the old ones? I put one in myself and I'm still having the same issue after a month. It will shut down unexpectedly and sometimes go into boot loops when it dies
JAYBRO - December 2, 2016 at 6:51pm
You can just go to the Apple Store and they can process a you a refund if you paid for battery replacement (don't say you did it yourself).
:D - December 2, 2016 at 6:09pm
At least it's not exploding haha.
me_salman148 - December 2, 2016 at 6:00pm
Glad it's not exploding like Samsuck