February 7, 2023
Tim Cook Blames 'Pause' in iPhone 7 Purchases on iPhone 8 Rumors

Tim Cook Blames 'Pause' in iPhone 7 Purchases on iPhone 8 Rumors

Posted May 3, 2017 at 6:12am · 22 comments · Add Comment
Chappie
Chappie - May 5, 2017 at 10:05pm
This is what Apple does every year improve camera pixels a little bit, improve processor, update bluetooth and you've been charging premium prices $750++ no wonder you have $250 billion cash. Innovate Apple! Every year 16GB iPhone wow this year 32GB how long have you been making 16GB models and ripping consumers off. Samsung has OLED, wireless charging for many years now. They don't bring anything new... they improve a little bit then people pay full price for their phones and add to their stock pile of cash.
Kk
Kk - May 4, 2017 at 2:57pm
Yeah keep lying to yourself Apple. It is because of that stupid decision on removing the headphone jack that brought the 7 down. Blame "courage" not leak. There will always be leak and it's not the reason why the 7 did not sell well
Ignorant
Ignorant - May 4, 2017 at 11:38pm
Apple is quick at pointing fingers at elsewhere but not at themselves. They're not only lieing to themselves but to us consumers too. Well I personally didn't go for the iPhone 7 bcoz of the headphone jack, so stayed with the 6s. But I wouldn't only say bcoz of not adding the headphone jack on the iphone 7 which lowered their stock, their lack of behind in technology too. & Any1 here that wanna act or be ignorant can get a life bcoz ppl ain't that stupid.
Hafiz
Hafiz - May 4, 2017 at 3:41am
Yes I am ... something new will be launch during the event as APPLE has to compete with other Smart Phone... hope this change will be revolutionary for Smartphones Market
Ezlife999
Ezlife999 - May 3, 2017 at 6:12pm
I purchase regardless no holding back. iPhones are cheap to buy. $1000 is chump change so I don't get why people need to save up. Pfttttt
Harvey Lubin
Harvey Lubin - May 3, 2017 at 4:36pm
Tim Cook's comment about the iPhone 8 rumors was a clever strategy. Apple never responds directly to rumors or confirms that they are developing new products before they are revealed officially by the company. Without confirming any of the rumors about the iPhone 8, Cook is drawing attention to the rumors, which in effect helps promote public awareness about the many rumors on the next iPhone. This helps to pre-sell (or at least make people more aware and talk about) the upcoming iPhone 8.
rayz
rayz - May 4, 2017 at 4:39am
Maybe.. or maybe it's also true due to the fact that iPhone 7 is near identical model with the iphone 6
jbird72
jbird72 - May 3, 2017 at 1:00pm
I'm currently on my 2nd 7 plus, this one is Product Red 256gb, prev was the Jet Black 128gb, currently own AirPods since December and IPad Pro 9.7 w/ Apple Pencil & Smart Keyboard & ATV4. I have owned every version of the iPhone, iPad and AppleTV & loved them all and will upgrade to whatever the 10th anniversary iPhone comes out.
Khaled S
Khaled S - May 3, 2017 at 12:46pm
if u don't want a "pause" don't use the same design for 3 years
Me
Me - May 3, 2017 at 12:04pm
I didn't buy an iPhone 7 because there was no jailbreak bought one for my daughter . I won't buy one unless it's jailbroken
Well...
Well... - May 3, 2017 at 12:38pm
Yeah same here, I'm on 6s plus with 9.3.3 jailbreak. Thank good for that new website cause the 1 year app doesn't work anymore
D4xM4Nx
D4xM4Nx - May 3, 2017 at 11:34am
That's just corporate bullshit! As a customer, I'm more than just happy rocking both, my iPhone 6S & 6, not enough substance on the iPhone 7 to make me upgrade. They're lying to themselves.
Chip
Chip - May 3, 2017 at 7:38am
Nothing important to read here. 10th anniversary iphone 8? Really? They couldn't come up with something more appealing than a silly iPhone 8? I'll wait 5 more years or until what i have dies. Still not good enough for 1000 mobile phone only one generation up from the last.
captain Obvious
captain Obvious - May 3, 2017 at 11:15am
I agree iPhone X would be cool.