September 29, 2022
Apple Bans Hackers from App Store After Exploit Found

Apple Bans Hackers from App Store After Exploit Found

Posted February 15, 2010 at 9:55am · 22 comments · Add Comment
Snowball76
Snowball76 - February 17, 2010 at 10:21am
If I were him I would of not said anything on Twitter in the first place. I would have just told the dev team and continue making an unlock for the phone. Then put the finished unlock on this website. That would have been a smarter move by a hacker. That's just my thoughts on the subject.
joe
joe - February 16, 2010 at 1:22pm
next time you get a account with apple to make apps maybe it would help that your name and your jailbreak not have your real name attached to it. also shut your mouth to the exploits stop helping apple out the more you talk the more they close the OS to you people with every new firmware your making it to easy for them to figure it out just release the jailbreak without giving away how it works it's call corporate secrets if apple can do it so can the jailbreak community .learn to be tight lipped about your secrets.
Sherif_hashim
Sherif_hashim - February 16, 2010 at 3:56pm
And what exactly have u heard leaked about the new crash??? ;) it's totally buried...
sherif_hashim
sherif_hashim - February 16, 2010 at 6:39am
To prevent spreading of unconfirmed news on your site that i proudly follow, this is the first time i ve got this message on the app store and itunes, timing is very weird :), first thing i was told when i inquire about this thru one of my most imminent friends, that this may be a password issue, so i tried resetting my password back, and all went fine, but i got the same message again when i tried to download any app or music thru app store or itunes, so i thought like, ok i ll do another account with another e-mail that doesn't have my name, but my visa was rejected!!!, which i thought of as wtf, this doesn't appear as apple act, at the end i ve managed to have a new account using my wife's visa and and another e-mail, (could they have disabled any login with my name and my visa......i don't know for sure) i m really confused if this was an apple act or just someone was messing with my account, but i just decided to get it clear here to prevent spreading of unconfirmed news over your valuable site Dr sherif Hashim
mohammed al sayed
mohammed al sayed - March 6, 2010 at 3:11pm
dr\ sherif i need u call please so please please call me 0143374133
Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright - February 15, 2010 at 8:11pm
Maybe he just needs to charge his battery.
iPhoneCoder
iPhoneCoder - February 15, 2010 at 7:15pm
This is common. I get this every few months myself. It is a result of someone guessing you Apple ID and attempting to login as you and failing three times. Because Apple uses the same ID across the store online, iTunes store, Developer connection, and mobile me one lockout can seem devastation of the worst manner occurred. Now after you reset your password it still occurs, then it might be news. And now that you've posted your ID well, you are just hosed for all time. I'd reset the password then check with Apple to change the ID to something new but stay linked to the accounts already set up. Best of luck. I couldn't recover my iTools account (and now that ID is locked out forever as Apple doesn't reissue) ... Similarly my MS passport account is locked into being a kids account because when created during internal testing age was never asked for. So it defaults to "0" when they went live, and my MSDN and other subscriptions require my parents (none associated) to change it... Catch 22. Hope you can get Apple to just relink to a new private ID. This is a basic flaw in their system, but for the best of reasons.
man.named.nobody
man.named.nobody - February 15, 2010 at 3:33pm
This look more like a publicity stunt than anything. ANYONE can get that message from the App Store by merely entering the wrong password 3 times. No big deal.
san20176
san20176 - February 15, 2010 at 4:50pm
what? are you kidding me? i wish that was the reason but is not, i first got that messege when i try to update a few games that i purchase and it gave me that error so then i went to my comp and try to login and it was the same error.
Tara
Tara - February 15, 2010 at 2:01pm
Apple CEO will like to control everything like a BORG QUEEN (Star Track Voyager series). The hackers should not announce their findings in advance. Seems like Apple CEO and his team are babies who want to control the world and cancel the account of peoples without a valid reason. It is a shameful.
Ramses
Ramses - February 15, 2010 at 1:45pm
remember folks when you find bug do not tell Evil company !! Absolutely do not tell ! ! Or else ... ;-)
san20176
san20176 - February 15, 2010 at 1:31pm
what? that's exactly what i am getting and i'm not even a hacker!?? WTF!!!!!! i thought it was just an apple problem or something. how can i resolve this issue ??
HO
HO - February 15, 2010 at 1:22pm
ROFL...no im not laughing at the guys but at the image used by the guys at iClarified, lol, on the Mapple case I have to note that Mapple have always shown to be a company based on old school russian communism, if they had a gun and the ways to do it probably they will shot the ppl behind the devteam.