How to Increase the Volume of Your 1.1.4 iPhone

Posted March 7, 2008 at 5:31pm by iClarified · 32 comments · Add Comment
monkey - October 29, 2008 at 10:11pm
just installed iclarified and the volume boost 1.1.4....no difference whatsoever, am i doing something wrong?
gamer - August 9, 2008 at 1:56am
@DistortedLoop -- Hey Thanks a Lot for replying !! I shall try that out !! my phones a unlocked one !! got it from uk o2 !! so now the firmware on it is is v1.1.4 . but now the v2.0 is out .. but updating to that would lock my fone ! so thats why have not updated it as yet !! if there is anyway where i can get v2.0 and still keep my fone unlocked do keep me posted !! sorry posting here !! if any one of u has info on how to go about do let me no !! thanks and appreciated !! -email !! - gameready@gmail.com iclarified rocks !!!!
DistortedLoop - August 3, 2008 at 9:38pm
@gamer- This particular patch just changes a plist file (preferences) for the sounds; so yes, it can be undone. I believe the uninstall routine for this particular patch puts the values back to normal. Why you still running 1.1.4? This patch won't work on other firmwares, old or new (well, it might work on 1.1.3.
gamer - August 3, 2008 at 8:02am
hi !! all !! am new to the modding world of i phone !! i have the patch and all . just to inquuire-- if after installing it ?? can i uninstall the patch ?- will it override to the previous settings ? coz wen i uninstall others things like games - toys they do. the confusion is with the patch thing - can it be uninstalled & override to the previous settings .. thans !! i clarified rocks !!!
Nigel Lim - May 17, 2008 at 4:07am
Hi, I have been trying to download this patch but encountered messages such as: 1. Error Package download failed 2. Can't find host Both times I have been using my wireless netowrk to download this patch, could it be a connection issue? Thanks very much.
rockingkev - April 17, 2008 at 7:01am
Does anyone or does iClarified know how to TRANSFER CONTACTS FROM the iPhone to Windows (Vista) Contacts. (the reverse is known)...... It would be nice to know as one updates the iphone contact list regularly and back it up to windows. Thanks
iphonelover - April 17, 2008 at 6:14am
wen i try to download this patch, it says somethin like "main script execution failed" wat the heck is that?...i have 1.1.4...i need help, PLEASE!!!
Socom - April 17, 2008 at 4:20am
I can't find any increase in volume after installing the Volume Boost 1.1.4....
DistortedLoop - April 15, 2008 at 4:09pm
The patch is great, really bumps up the volume without having to edit those plists manually like we were early on in the iPhone days. My issue is that it bumps up the system sounds (like email arrivals, keyboard clicks, sms notifications) to the point that they are painful (especially email notification) if wearing headphones. Any idea which of the actual keys in which plist changes the system sound levels? I'd like to manually tweak that down a bit. Also, just for curiosity sake, in the RegionalVolumeLimits plist, there's 10 cryptically labelled keys. Are those for different regions, or maybe one of those is what I'm actually looking to address in the prior question.
musui - April 10, 2008 at 12:48pm
sorry it does work, just have that stupid clear film that ( came with the iphone) is covering the audio part of the iphone. remove that clear film, volume works great thanks. this is a great site!
Fran - January 3, 2009 at 4:27pm
your answer fixed my problem. so glad you wrote this, before i did something stupid to a 400.00 phone. thanks. i removed the plastic to the ear piece
DistortedLoop - January 3, 2009 at 4:42pm
Well, you just did something stupid to that $400 phone! Apple put that clear plastic over the speakers for a reason: to keep dust and moisture out of the device. Lots of complaints in the past by people who poked those holes and then got dust under the screen. Good luck with it, I hope no bad comes of it.
Prev 1 of 3 Next