In a recent blog post, Kuo says that the vast VR potential in the in Chinese market and Apple's likely launch of its headset in January will lead to rapid growth of headset sector.
Apple will be a game-changer for headsets.
(1) Although Apple has repeatedly reiterated its focus on AR, I believe Apple AR/MR supporting video see-thru could also offer an excellent immersive experience. Therefore, the launch of Apple AR/MR will further boost the demand for immersive gaming/multimedia entertainment.
(2) Apple AR/MR would be the most complicated product Apple has ever designed, so many existing suppliers are also in the Apple AR/MR supply chain.
(3) Benefiting from Apple AR/MR’s innovative experience, Apple and Apple supply chain would be re-rated in the next 2–3 years, which favors the stock price.
(4) Apple is an industry leader with significant competitive advantages and doesn’t need to join the Metaverse Standards Forum now.
(5) After Apple launches AR/MR headset, I think Apple’s global rivals will compete to imitate it, leading the headset hardware industry to the next stage of rapid growth and benefiting the related services and content ecosystem.
Apple's mixed reality headset is thought to cost upwards of $2000 and feature a powerful M-series chip. Display Supply Chain Consultants predicts it will offer an innovative display configuration using two Micro OLED displays and one AMOLED panel.
More details in the full report linked below...