iPhone Dev-Team Releases iOS 4.0 Jailbreak for iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G

iPhone Dev-Team Releases iOS 4.0 Jailbreak for iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G

Posted June 22, 2010 at 12:37pm by iClarified · 51 comments · Add Comment
bhudson - July 8, 2010 at 6:33pm
If you are experiencing problems while jailbreaking and your phone gets to the final step at which point it tries to reboot, then after what seems like forever just goes back to the activation screen and you are stuck with a phone that is still not jailbroken I have a couple solutions. Also if you are just having problems in general this jailbreak should work every single time if you are thorough. These are some steps or key points that you may accidentally skip: Make sure you are running the most recent version of itunes 9.2 In my experience I skipped the step where you have to click shift+restore and find the 4.0 firmware and restore it with one they give you. I had updated it using the update button so I thought I didnt need it. Once I did that it worked. Try a different computer that has worked for me once before because I think my old computer had a corrupt itunes When you are putting it in DFU mode make sure you time it correctly and even though sometimes you dont need to, hold down the home button until you get to the ramdisk logo For THOSE people who think they can use this process to unlock a 3GS and keep complaining about having problems here is the two reasons why: 1. 3G firmware starts with 1,2 and 3GS starts with 2,1 MAJOR DIFFERENCE and they dont have a jailbreak for 3GS 4.0 yet. 2. You are an idiot refer to reason #1
ee - June 24, 2010 at 11:30am
man... i wait the reboot thing for half day dy ! i using itouch 2g non mc . what is the problem !!??? i follow all the instruction , just dont have the pineapple thing show up . that does not matter right ??? can anyone tell me why .. please help me ... !!! =((
mafzy - June 23, 2010 at 3:10pm
hi thank u dev team i followd this tutorial n first jail break n than unlock my iphone 3g its work like a charm....
definitelydan - June 23, 2010 at 1:12pm
Anyone having problems with SEVERE battery drainage after installing iOS4.0? Or is it just me? im getting like 1-2% of battery loss every minute! and im not even doing anything! furthermore, the iphone is burning up like a hot potato! Im facing this problem after Jailbreaking on the latest redsn0w (the one with the ibooks fix) and now im doing a complete restore and jailbreaking WITHOUT multi tasking this time (although i dont know if multitasking is the problem - its worth a shot) if anyone has any solutions to my problem HELP ME PLEASE! email - definitelydan@gmail.com thanks!
davy1shoe - June 22, 2010 at 4:12pm
Thats my 3g updated no problems just need the 3gs so i can get to use my newer phone again.
MuscleNerd_ - June 22, 2010 at 3:08pm
For all these people that are trying to JB their iPhone 3GS with this tool... what's wrong with you people ?? ...Is there so many retarded that they can't understand what is written ? We are still working on iPhone 3GS JB and it will be available on iPhone 4 lauch MAYBE !! ...Stop asking there is no ETA !!
bhudson - June 22, 2010 at 5:15pm
haha love the comment thats pretty funny... Hey I am trying to jailbreak a 3g 16 gb with itunes 9.2 on 4.0 firmware and it gets all the way to the end where it needs to reboot and it takes forever then once it finally does reboot it goes back to the connect to itunes screen... Ive been trying for 4 hours please help
Name - June 22, 2010 at 5:22pm
When I get stuck in that 'connect to itunes' loop, I use blackra1n to get out of it. Google around before proceeding.
Laurence - June 22, 2010 at 2:43pm
works good so far.thans
Pablo - June 22, 2010 at 2:34pm
Any estimated day on when the jailbrake for iOS4 on 3gs will come out? anybody knows?
help help - June 22, 2010 at 9:46am
stuck on reboot screen toucg 2g starting with mc code anyone has any idea please help.
420Dude - June 22, 2010 at 12:44pm
Dude, can't you read, it says non MC
MuscleNerd_ - June 22, 2010 at 1:27pm
We donde waste time with stupid and dumb people like this guy, enjoy your brick ;)
MuscleNerd_ - June 22, 2010 at 1:30pm
We don't waste our time with stupid and dumb people like this guy, enjoy your brick ;)
Bogy - June 22, 2010 at 2:18pm
Well, if you read before you jumped in, you would realize that it says in the first line, NON MC, but of course am betting you didn't. But since you already got yourself in this mess, i will tell you what to do! turn the ipod off completely....connect it to the computer with itunes open....turn the ipod on with the power button and home button, as soon as you see the apple logo, let go of the power button, but keep holding the homebutton. and restore that way.
Name - June 22, 2010 at 3:03pm
You're not the real MuscleNerd, you douchebag
doog - June 22, 2010 at 9:40am
I have a ipod touch 2g and after i follow the steps and went to DFU mode the pineapple man doesn't show up just a black screen that does nothing, what to do now?
Prev 1 of 3 Next