September 30, 2022
Auto3G Extends Your iPhone Battery Life By Switching 3G Off During Standby

Auto3G Extends Your iPhone Battery Life By Switching 3G Off During Standby

Posted August 30, 2010 at 11:50am · 44 comments · Add Comment
Jonathan
Jonathan - September 1, 2010 at 11:01am
I loaded up the 1.2 version and it fixed the problems for me with crashing my phone. Works like a charm now- I love it- increased my battery life by about six hours of standby. Six bucks was nothing now that this works.
JAMES
JAMES - August 31, 2010 at 1:34pm
Works well, my battery would get down to around 30%, it's now at 70% so happy days for me.
Lomisz
Lomisz - August 31, 2010 at 10:31am
How much more battery does 3g use up in standby mode? The statistic about 3g during talk time is completely irrelevant to this app!
LowFlyR
LowFlyR - August 31, 2010 at 9:38am
Way overpriced....
Animal
Animal - August 31, 2010 at 7:58am
Will this work with Skype in the background (If set up with 3G unrestrictor)
Alam
Alam - August 31, 2010 at 3:30am
Simply Overpriced.....
Rajiv
Rajiv - August 30, 2010 at 11:55pm
BigBoss wasn't the one who set the price; it was the author of the package.
Beaware
Beaware - August 30, 2010 at 7:56pm
I tried this app it fuckin sucks. When you unlock your phone it lags o turn 3G back on and completely looses all data functions while switching to 3G not to mention the signal was tremendously weaker when on EDGe data and it irritated my speakers more! Made them buzz from across the room and this does NOT happens on 3G
Zubair
Zubair - August 30, 2010 at 7:41pm
What does the timeout option do??
subarurider
subarurider - August 31, 2010 at 10:07am
It's let you stay longer on 3G in case you are downloading something heavy that needs more download speed.
mmc
mmc - August 30, 2010 at 6:15pm
this is a great idea, and yes you can get calls and text when the phone is locked. Some of these comments really show you don't understand what your talking about. 2G is a older data network (edge) that uses less battery than newer 3G. Try making a call on EDGE verses 3G. you can hear a quality difference but for standby you don't need 3G. 2G (edge) is perfect for pushing text and emails to your phone while in stand by. And this app activates 3G when you need it, for safari, youtube, ect. These are the apps you really need 3G for. Price is high though, it works great though. And does swich over faster than you might expect. Only about half a second between 3g/2g.
kas23
kas23 - August 31, 2010 at 9:38am
But, I get much better coverage using 3G. When I switch over to EDGE, my bars either drop down to 1 or I lose service. So, how exactly am I to receive a phone call when the phone is in stanby (EDGE) then? The call will likely just go right to voice mail. You really should think before you reply.
subarurider
subarurider - August 31, 2010 at 10:05am
I agree with your comment 100% most of the other opinions are bull........! If you use SBsettings you can see how fast switches between 2g & 3G.
Nick
Nick - August 31, 2010 at 10:22am
The difference between 3G coverage and 2G (Edge) coverage is completely dependent on where you live, so his statement is most likely true in the are he lives, and yours true in the area you live. Most people have better 2G (Edge) coverage because AT&T hasn't blanketed the USA with 3G yet and there are a lot of places that have spotty 3G coverage and very strong 2G coverage.