How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 2G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]

Posted October 9, 2010 at 1:17am by iClarified · 13 comments · Add Comment
Dex - October 19, 2010 at 2:16am
Ipod touch 2g 4.1 MC model jailbreaked with Greenpois0n rc4 !!!!
Happy Krunal - October 19, 2010 at 9:43pm
Thanx a ton Dex !! it worked great :) http://www.techtechies.com/20101018/technology-news/greenpois0n-update-jailbreak-ipod-2g-mcmb-models-with-greenpois0n-guide-to-jailbreak-ipt-2g.html
Gelásio - October 16, 2010 at 7:19am
I have a iPod Touch 2G 8Gb (MB version) and I can't do the jailbreak because the RedSn0w are blocked at the "Uploading ramdisk" at the final step... =(
Krunal - October 16, 2010 at 5:13am
I am having a problem I am using iPod 2g MC model and I am stuck at reboot any ideas how to fix it? thanks! Tried plug in and fixing in different USB ports ..... Will ipod touch would become bricked ?? Can we jailbreak with any other version of redsnow ??
SBdodger - October 11, 2010 at 12:44am
I have a Itouch 2G (MC type) with vers 4.1 and I am trying to jailbreak using RedSn0w 9.6b1. I get though the DFU boot. The Redsn0w gui says "jailbreak initiated", I see a few status bars fill, and then the gui sits at the "waiting for reboot" screen. Any ideas?
kiss - October 11, 2010 at 3:39am
apparently a lot of people are having this same problem, me included - i wasted most of my day trying to find the fix today with no success. all the suggested fixes didn't work (such as try different usb port, unplug/plug in several times while redsn0w is still running, also run as xp compatibility mode) i guess we need to wait until dev team update redsn0w to address this issue
SBdodger - October 11, 2010 at 11:03am
When running redsn0w9.6b1, have you tried selectingthe previous apple firmware (vers 4.0)? I read that may work but haven't had a chance to try.
ipat - October 11, 2010 at 11:22am
Luci - October 12, 2010 at 1:15pm
Hi guys, my ipod 2g, mc, always gets stock in the part "waiting for reboot" - and the jailbreak doesn't finished!! anybody knows what to do???
Dex - October 13, 2010 at 8:28am
the same on osx version :(
Luci - October 13, 2010 at 9:21am
Hey guys, i've been looking for a solution, but it's true, i didn't found anyone with a itouch 2g mc that had jailbroken with this verson of redsnow...aparently it works on 3g just fine, but not on 2g mc... i think we're have to wait for a salvation form dev-team. ¬¬
mj - October 14, 2010 at 11:58am
I did tried on 4.0 with redsn0w but still have same message "Waiting to Reboot"
BPL - October 15, 2010 at 1:57pm
i having the same trouble here...but i using 2g ipod touch and it's no a MC type... can someone help me?? i stuck on "reboot"...
Prev 1 of 1 Next