October 4, 2022
WSJ Readers Believe Microsoft Has the Best Mobile OS

WSJ Readers Believe Microsoft Has the Best Mobile OS

Posted October 25, 2010 at 10:10pm · 5 comments · Add Comment
Kroo
Kroo - October 26, 2010 at 5:07am
This WSJ report has no credibility. WP7 has only been out days and hasn't been tested world wide on all the phone platforms, on the servers it's meant to be designed for, so where does the analysis come from? The back pocket?? Did someone pay for this survey?? WP7 hasn't got multitasking or cut & paste but it still out ranks Android and iOS??? REALLY??
JC
JC - October 26, 2010 at 11:29am
The article says "WSJ Readers Believe...". The way it works is like this: (1) The WSJ has a website. (2) On their website, they post a survey asking users the question "Who has the best mobile OS?" or something along those lines. (3) Users respond. (4) The WSJ then posts the results. How is this even remotely linked to credibility? In any case, I happen to like Windows Phone 7. Its design makes a lot more sense to me than any other mobile OS to date. Granted, WP7 is in its infancy, and it hasn't met the world yet, but based on what the world has seen so far, the world agrees (well, excluding idiots, of course) that WP7 makes a lot more sense than its competition, and I believe that's what these results portray.
Name
Name - October 26, 2010 at 2:27am
I think those really super smart readers are confusing PC operating systems with mobile OS.
enrico
enrico - October 26, 2010 at 3:23am
Exactly... "Oh... Windows!! Yeah, I know that!"
matrixmaniac
matrixmaniac - October 26, 2010 at 4:23am
Not even (I think even OS-X is better than Windows, or at least it is not substantially worse). I think these people meassure quality of an OS by its marketing/add budget... That's the only aspect of an OS they are able to understand... :-(