October 5, 2022
Screenshots of Cydia for iOS 4.2

Screenshots of Cydia for iOS 4.2

Posted November 12, 2010 at 3:06pm · 10 comments · Add Comment
Clueless
Clueless - November 12, 2010 at 5:21pm
Only one page change for iPhone! What was the delay to get cydia ready for then? Also what happened to the improvements that were supposed to come from getting rock? I understand rock took a lot of short cut which I'm guessing killed a lot of phones but of the 3 I have owned never had a problem and I really liked the ability to queue multiple items and continue searching while downloading. It's a pain in the ass when trying to set up a phone from a recent jailbreak and having to respring or reboot after ever individual install.
madcow
madcow - November 12, 2010 at 5:41pm
You're been able to Queue items in cydia for a LONG time. Open item, press install in upper right, press cancel/queue in upper left, press continue with queue (or something like that) at the bottom. The queue can then be installed with the last package or by going to the Manage tab at the bottom and tapping queue, then install. Before complaining it would be great if people looked into whether they're complaints were valid.
Clueless
Clueless - November 12, 2010 at 6:35pm
Thanks. But wow that's a lot more work and different then the way rock was. How about this then. They should stream line the process. If I remember right in rock all u had to do was touch the download status bar and it dropped and u could continue looking and downloading then reboot or respring upon exit. Now unless doing this was one of many shortcuts rock took idk but I fail to see why cydia hasn't yet taken on this creature comfort.?.
McGruber
McGruber - November 12, 2010 at 8:21pm
Cydia's workflow and UI sucks. You mentioned a process that put me to crucial sleep it was so long. They should take notes from installous on queuing or anyone else really.
jack
jack - November 12, 2010 at 8:52pm
NOW ITS NOVEMBER 24 FUCK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Madcow
Madcow - November 13, 2010 at 1:46am
I can describe how to make a good grilled cheese in 8 steps. It may sound convoluted but when you do it you'll realize it's not that hard. Sure he can find a way to streamline it but he hasn't yet, get over it. A couple extra seconds of your time isnt that precious. Rock was garbage, it looked flashy and polished but it was rotten inside. It's gone now be grateful for what you have.
banana
banana - November 13, 2010 at 4:53am
you have always been able to queue in cydia, hit install - then cancel / queue -continue queing - then search then install - then cancel / queue - continue queing
o3okevin
o3okevin - November 13, 2010 at 5:35pm
THANK YOU, Madcow. Finally, someone who actually understands what the reasoning was behind Rock's closure.
me
me - November 12, 2010 at 5:13pm
awesome. could've been using it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow, if ios was released today. but that damn wifi issue is gonna delay it.
Frank