December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

Posted November 23, 2010 at 5:49pm · 51 comments · Add Comment
dadabryan
dadabryan - December 19, 2010 at 8:48am
thank you iPhone Dev-Team! it's works for me. i jb with iphone4 running 4.2.1 firmware.
DjSha
DjSha - December 19, 2010 at 12:01pm
Hoe did u get passes the network problem?
GOld
GOld - December 18, 2010 at 6:34pm
Hello Iclarified team Thank you for your support. I got it, with jailbreak was OK. Next question , how i can unlock my phone ? sorry for my disturb by the way my baseband before upgrade was 01.59 and now 03.10.01 it's ok or no ?
GOld
GOld - December 18, 2010 at 7:18am
Hello need your help. jailbreak 4.2.1 also unlock as well. redsn0w wrote that unable recognize specified IPSW what's wrong ?
Don Buenaventura
Don Buenaventura - December 18, 2010 at 3:38am
Is there available jailbreak for iPhone4 with IOS 4.2.1 on OS Tiger 10.4.11? I downloaded the Redsnow jailbreak for iPhone4 IOS4.2.1 but when I double click it it say " it is not supported in this architecture?." Thanks.
Gary
Gary - December 14, 2010 at 1:33am
All steps followed but I keep getting stuck at reboot. Can anyone please help?
Sunny Lai
Sunny Lai - December 14, 2010 at 7:47am
all, I think the first step is that you need to upgrade the OS to 4.2.1 completely. Then, you can follow this procedure to JB your iphone 4. Otherwise, it might not work. This is my experience for sharing.
Clint
Clint - December 10, 2010 at 2:07am
I just got an iPhone 4 on Mon and had a problem with the JB. I used Pwnage to JB my 3G with no problem, but can't get past Step 2 here for Redsn0w. Exact Message is: The iPhone "NAME REMOVED" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible" with the options of [More Information] or [OK]. Anyone know the remedy for this? I'd really like to fix this.
Clint
Clint - December 10, 2010 at 11:10am
I did use Firefox. I am running OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard and thus do not have IE. I will try again, however, the only real need I have for JB is SBSettings so I can easily toggle brightness, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and I guess if I ever need to unlock(even though there isn't one currently available for iPhone 4 firmware on 4.2.1).
kiva
kiva - December 10, 2010 at 2:02pm
this is the same problem i'm having. I guess i'll wait for another JB and try later.
gsrao
gsrao - January 11, 2011 at 12:48am
use safari .it will work fine
Bardia
Bardia - December 7, 2010 at 5:55pm
Hello...!!! i jail broke my iphone and i made a cydia on my iphone 4, but when i rebooted it, cydia didnt work anymore! :( ( i tried to do that about 5 times!!! ) . . . Any Help?!?!?!?!?!?!
Dj Sha
Dj Sha - December 6, 2010 at 11:03am
jailbreak is gone ok, but i don't have any network more(i can't make a call etc.) Does someone has the solutions for this?
Dj Sha
Dj Sha - December 25, 2010 at 2:44pm
Ok, you don't know the answer
Bill
Bill - December 5, 2010 at 2:17pm
This will lock your phone. It will update your baseband to the most recent, so don't do it if you need to unlock iy.
ray
ray - December 5, 2010 at 5:02am
my iphone will not cut on after i installed cynia and jail broke it. any suggestions?