October 2, 2022

How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

Posted November 28, 2010 at 11:52pm · 284 comments · Add Comment
leatherneck3112
leatherneck3112 - January 29, 2016 at 7:06pm
I followed this procedure 10 times and each time it failed. The failure presents itself after I've placed my phone in DFU mode and the software is indicating it is installing the iPod baseband software. I receive the "please wait" dialog but after a few moments RedSnow just shuts itself down without any message (error or otherwise) being displayed. I tried running in XP compatibility mode and as an administrator but it didn't work. Any suggestions on hot to get around this?
leart78
leart78 - October 13, 2016 at 5:19pm
its tethered, you must use the redsn0w used in the tutorial, not the latest one :P
krishnakanth
krishnakanth - May 15, 2015 at 6:34pm
hi, i have jailbreaked iphone 3g 4.2.1 but the iphone is not turning on somebody can help me
Bryann
Bryann - November 2, 2014 at 9:06am
How about if the lock button dont work or power button '??
Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi - May 3, 2015 at 11:48am
then you download redsnow 0.9.15.b3 then open it and click on extras then even more and then dfu ipsw then select ipsw and restore with that ipsw and iphone will enter dfu mode
Gregski
Gregski - October 15, 2014 at 10:15am
Best FAQ on the Internet. Thanks a lot.
DOC
DOC - July 2, 2014 at 1:04am
where do i get the redsnow compatible firmware for iphone3GS?
Michael_sp
Michael_sp - May 17, 2014 at 6:34pm
Thank you so much, I successfully installed jailbreak on my iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1. Restore firmware with iTunes takes about 12 minutes until it asks to activate with a SIM card. Note that I has issues with battery, so as soon as redsn0w finished I plugged the iphone to wall charger.to prevent yellow screen. It's mandatory to start firmware flashing with high battery.
John
John - May 14, 2014 at 12:13pm
Thanks a lot to this guide!!!
Exceptional Khan
Exceptional Khan - March 17, 2014 at 8:39am
Very Nice Guide. Both of them guides Worked beautifully. Thumbs up:
Thomas
Thomas - February 28, 2014 at 4:02am
Link for redsn0w is dead... I can see when I mouseover it was linked to v0.9.6rc8... should I get that version? or something else/newer? Most newer versions seem to be Beta.
Thomas
Thomas - March 1, 2014 at 10:08pm
Worked with v0.9.6rc8... it froze at uploading ramdisk (step 12)... after 10min it shut down. Closed everything, started redsn0w again, as soon as started I clicked ctrl+alt+del and went into task manager, then the processes tab. Found redsn0w in the list, right-click, went to Set Affinity, in there it listed processors... multicore system... so I unchecked everything except CPU 01, then ran the steps from there and worked perfectly fine.
leart78
leart78 - October 13, 2016 at 6:23pm
wtf dude, it worked lol ;)
NeonEmily
NeonEmily - October 15, 2013 at 4:16am
Hello guys, i try to jailboke my iphone 3G and when it start jailbroking that white text on black screen apears and its scroling downs i see everything fine but i minute text stopt scrolling down and last word was on that text: image not found and it stuck like this i tryed to jailbroke again and same thing again. Can you help me? i'm using redsn0w. Thank you :)
NeonEmily
NeonEmily - November 19, 2013 at 1:07pm
I solved my problem a long time ago so don't reply everything is fine :) sorry for bad english i'm lithuanian
Quynhnguyen
Quynhnguyen - August 9, 2015 at 4:43pm
how did u do to fix it ?? thank u