March 30, 2023

How to Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 3G iPhone (Windows) [WinPwn 2.5]
Comments

Posted August 29, 2008 at 3:19pm · 91 comments · Add Comment
Florin
Florin - January 8, 2010 at 2:22pm
Not working at all. I get an error from winpwn and then it shuts down. Every time. With every firmware version.
spencersoon
spencersoon - April 25, 2009 at 10:27am
anyway this jail break is full jail break ? require any turbosim after that ? cos i just done my pwnage 2.2.1 ! yess its succesfully unlock it but it still require turbosim to
John
John - January 1, 2009 at 4:51pm
when im in dfu mode, and my screen goes white, with no pinnapple...Do you need to see the pinapple or what? cause i proceeded to install the custom file that gave me cydnia and installer4. is that it? but my contacts ect. are gone. what happened?
LALAL
LALAL - December 4, 2008 at 12:48am
When i go to DFU mode, my iphone goes to white screen and the text beside the winpwn says that my iphone when to recovery mode after it went to DFU. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Tara
Tara - November 28, 2008 at 6:26am
Knight: Seems like your custom IPSW was a problem. You can restore your phone to the original firmware (the firmware the phone came with) and then try it again. The other choice is restore the phone to 2,1 firmware through i-tunes and then jailbreak it using newer method posted at iclarified. This method is simpler and faster. I hope it helps.
Knight
Knight - November 28, 2008 at 4:18am
Hi tara I am stucked on step 14 what should I do plz hellllp Do I need to wait more , I ve been waiting for 5 min now helllp plz anyone
Tara
Tara - November 27, 2008 at 11:40am
KNIGHT: If the phone is already activated and unlocked by your acrrier then jailbreaking will not lock your phone. Jailbreaking will only add cydia and installer4 for downloading FREE software. Enjoy
Knight
Knight - November 27, 2008 at 9:58am
Plz I want help I have IPHONE 3G officially unlocked with 2.0.2 If I jailbreak it is the I PHONE going to be locked on AT&T Sim please answer me
Pamela R.
Pamela R. - November 11, 2008 at 5:52pm
Hi, i have my iPhone 3G already unlocked but i was trying to jailbreak it and i got stuck in the step 9! Because when is searching for the ipsw a massage popup and says that it couldn't find it because it has and invalid hash.. I don't know what it is! but i think its because i started the procces with a 2.0 firmware.. Is that the problem?? HEEEELLLLPPP MEEE PLEASEE!
wreckers
wreckers - October 18, 2008 at 9:31pm
too many bugs, too much bugginess in the process, this is not streamlined at all. I am surprised if this really worked for anyone, I tried it this about 2 weeks ago and ended up having to restore my phone with the original apple software. it froze somewhere around step 14 and the application crashed on me, same thing just now. There has to be a better way to jailbreak this is not working.
Richard
Richard - October 18, 2008 at 9:11pm
my computer is on step 14 and the progress bar is done, but it doesn't do anything. should i wait until it goes to the step 15 screen or just start itunes
appus
appus - October 14, 2008 at 5:05am
i am having 2g phone. it completes step 14th.. and nothing happening afterwards. it is not informing the stuff is done. But, it shows a window in iphone with iphone logo and Ipwned with WinPwn 2.5. So what do i do next ? iTunes not recognizing after this step........ please throw some light. thanks in advance. appus
tara
tara - October 9, 2008 at 9:14am
allexgomes: i-phone 3G can not be unlocked. stop wasting your time. Follow the instructions carefully.
allexgomes
allexgomes - October 8, 2008 at 10:11pm
hi, i try to unlock my iphone 2.0 x 3G with WinPwn 2.5 and didnt work. I already unlocked a 2.0.2 X 2G and its working perfectly, but the 3G is not. I did all the steps, and when i instal the sim card it shows no signal, that means it still locked... Can someone help me with that PLeasssssseeeeeeeee... Thanks
badassindian
badassindian - October 1, 2008 at 12:32pm
Hey i used latest update from winpwn, somehow it didnt work on windows vista. I was able to unlock one iphone 3G. But When i again used same method to unlock second 3G iphone, it didnt work i did same steps 3- 4 times , now the phone is jailbreak , as it does accept an indian sim, while phone was from optus australia. I dont get to connect it to any indian gsm provider, it dosent connect . Neither it shows invalid sim. And in network i dont get any info on 2G network . While the other iphone is working fine it was from virgin store , australia, i am guessing if the error is due to fact it is of a different company. I also tried 2.0.2 version still stuck what to do??
Kwame
Kwame - September 30, 2008 at 4:07pm
Hey Many, I got the same message. No SIM card installed Install an unlocked and valid SIM to activate this phone. Mine's a 16B 3G from AT&T How did you solve yours?
Dion
Dion - September 20, 2008 at 6:27pm
Hey man,i am from singapore and just when thru ur tutorials.Everything is gd and i am trilled with it. Thanks so much. I have spend 5 hours looking for tutorials and u r the man.
Mady
Mady - September 20, 2008 at 11:45am
i tired doing this again,it said ur iphone is being jailbroken...n the apple sign came on the iphone ipwned 2.5 was written.it was loading ,n suddenly it stuck...nuthin happend for 5-6minz... nw thtz der on d screen,it doesnt go...myiphone doesnt strt...plz HELP???
Mady
Mady - September 20, 2008 at 4:21am
I updated my iphone from 2.0 to 2.0.1 as told in this topic,bt nw it says, insert a unlocked and valid sim to activate iphone? do i have to insert ATnT sim card or any sim card wud work?
jazzydiva
jazzydiva - September 19, 2008 at 12:24pm
Me and my hubby both have the 3G 16GB phones. I see the instructions for jailbreaking them. I will say that I am a bit nervous but I am definitely going to try it. I see that some people had problems having service afterwards. What do I need to do to try and make sure that doesn't happen. How did you solve your service issues @ iguy and Coq?
Jonathan Liang
Jonathan Liang - September 17, 2008 at 8:59pm
hey i've followed all the instructions, but i don't have any signal and i'm using a at&t sim
weili
weili - September 17, 2008 at 3:33am
hi guys, im from singapore. if i follow these steps to jailbreak my iphone 3g, 2.0.2, will it work? im scared i'll brick or whatsoever error like those i read from the comments. like t-mobile and etc
Piebone
Piebone - September 11, 2008 at 8:51pm
Everything is going along fine until WinPwn acknowledges that the phone is in DFU mode; then I get the "error--needs to shut down" window. Any suggestions? Thanks.
KK
KK - September 10, 2008 at 11:30pm
Hi, I have tried the WinPWn2.5 on another phone and it works great ! I am about to do it on my own Jailbroken ver. 1.1.1, but the only thing is WinPwn2.5 wipes out all the sms. Is there anyway i can keep the smses ? I tired clicking on thumbs down, when WinPwn ask if " Do you want to wipe data ", but it still erases everything ? Any ideas ? Let me know Cheers
iguy
iguy - September 10, 2008 at 1:10am
have lah, when u loaded the winpwn 2, insider the ipsw builder, you see Application, Custom Images, Custom Payload, Advanced. Click Advanced, unchecked the (do not tick) Activate Phone because Singtel is one of the registered carrier unless yr is some other lah or iPhone 2G than tick.. There will be a step when WinPwn will ask if I'm using an official carrier. Click on the green thumb.. should be fine After that loaded iTunes, it will say find New carrier update.. click Yes.. Your backup iPhone should appear and click on it, I did that too. Try it...!
sselshamy
sselshamy - September 9, 2008 at 4:36pm
I got the same problem after following all this steps, no service of the network, could anyone advice. thanks all
ricardo
ricardo - September 9, 2008 at 11:48am
i unlocked my iphone 3g with a chip and now im able to pick up tmobile service but my edge icon its not showing up on my phone . anyone knows why?
Coq
Coq - September 7, 2008 at 7:06am
LOL, nice. Now I have a problem.. I went to sync my iPhone two minutes ago, and it asks me to restore the backup! That didn't happen to me, I've already done it after the Pwning, don't know why this happens now.. Any sugestion?! Bah.
iguy
iguy - September 7, 2008 at 1:28am
Hello 2 Coq : I am so happy 2day as my iPhone had successfully jailbroken withCydia and Installer now in my iphone. It also sync 2 itune and have the service network. How I got it done? I did it in midnite as the internet connection likely to be at a faster speed and no interruption. During the Pwning process, I call out your NAME "Coq" 3 times and every things done. Thanks Coq! Now, I am searching for apps. and some configurations on my iPhone. Any good recomemdation? Cheers..2 all iPhonies!!!
help
help - September 6, 2008 at 6:12pm
I keep getting an "invalid Hash" error at Step 8, then asks to find another *.ipsw file. I try to pick the same one, but it loops back to the error. Suggestions?
jgoalie
jgoalie - September 6, 2008 at 4:10pm
i went thru whole process everthings fine restores the phone. it then wants to restore again with my lastest restor which is the one from today after pawnge. do i restore again with new restore.
Coq
Coq - September 6, 2008 at 5:37am
Don't u even read what writen here?! This is the JAILBREAK process, not the unlock one! It still impossible to unlock iPhone 3G untill now.
Nel
Nel - September 6, 2008 at 4:50am
I just bought the 3G 16GBiphone yesterday, on Spe 5th, and after i bought it, the staff took the iphone connect with the itune to active it by a buttom press.I dont know what the hell that is, and the seller took the at&t sim card off, and i took iphone back to home and jailbreak it without any simcard. after all the precess, i still cant use the iphone with the t-mobile sim card. is anyone can tell me why? please
zambilo76
zambilo76 - September 5, 2008 at 9:22pm
I tried to unlock my 3G iphone and I am not sure what went wrong. I get no service but it is unlocked and when I go to setting there is no carrier option. What am I doing wrong?
Coq
Coq - September 5, 2008 at 11:35am
I don't want to be the 'bad man' of the story, but.. I don't know if u all shouldn't stay with the genuine 2.0.2! I can't get it to work, I always get no service. Not sure what is missing.. @ iguy: urs was working, u done soft reset and now u have no service? What a pretty sh*t.. I'm really sorry.
Everything4141
Everything4141 - September 5, 2008 at 11:15am
Should your Itunes be open the whole time??? Please Advise
iguy
iguy - September 5, 2008 at 6:04am
Thanks!@ Coq: done soft reset with iPhone! Home & power button 'till the Apple logo appears and it sync. Now my iPhone have "No Service" at the top left corner.. Anybody out there HELP ME.. PLEASE... PLEASE>>>
Danny
Danny - September 5, 2008 at 2:16am
Great write-up tutorial here. It is hard to find good tutorials for these kind of things. I am curious if the 2.0.2 firmware linked here will upgrade the baseband on the iphone. Any ideas?
Don
Don - September 4, 2008 at 1:13pm
Hey, I jailbroke my phone and it has been working fine for a day. About an hour ago, the phone icon does not work work. it loads and then it goes back to the home screen after 5 seconds.. It also happen on another phone that has been jailbroken also.. Let me know what u think.. thanks..
Coq
Coq - September 4, 2008 at 1:13pm
@ iguy: try to do a soft reset to ur iPhone! Home & power button 'till the Apple logo appears.