December 9, 2022
How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 4 (Windows) [5.0.1]

How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 4 (Windows) [5.0.1]

Posted December 27, 2011 at 11:47am · 173 comments · Add Comment
yayako
yayako - February 1, 2012 at 3:10pm
Hi all, i had an iphone 4 baseband: 2.10.04, Itune v 10.5.2. I'd like to upgrade 5.0.1 and follow this tutorial by; downloaded redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3 and iPhone3_3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. Then i had problem with the first step when i try to "restore iPhone3_3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw" with Itune, it's said "this firmware is not compatible". Could anyone help me to solve this out? Appreciate for the next reply.
Amine
Amine - February 2, 2012 at 12:16pm
Hi, Check if your i phone is CDMA or GSM. You have to download the correct version of the the fimware according to this.
yayako
yayako - February 2, 2012 at 5:09pm
the firmware that i download is for GSM, which is suitable for mind. Please recommend for the right one. I will appreciate for your next reply.
Amine
Amine - February 3, 2012 at 7:18pm
Hi, I think that you had download the cdma firmware (according to your first post). You can download the GSM firmware in the link below: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-3309.20111109.64rtg/iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
ahmed
ahmed - March 13, 2012 at 6:51pm
see on back of your i device model A1332 so that should be a gsm if not it'll be CDMA
Yayako
Yayako - March 14, 2012 at 5:57am
Thanks for all reply now i had update min successfully.
debbie
debbie - November 13, 2012 at 9:47pm
how do you find out it your iphone is cdms or gms ?? help pls think thats why am no getting to jailbreak my fone :( been tryn for days now lol
Coose
Coose - January 28, 2012 at 6:00pm
To answer some common questions: Make sure you Update/Restore with the correct iOS version! Make sure you use the same version of resn0w (redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1). Make sure you run redsn0w as admin (win vista/7) by right click-> run as admin. back you shit up, don't be an idiot. Remember, this is made simple and it's not rocket science. read the tutorial and do exactly what it says. Also Google is your friend
Amine
Amine - January 24, 2012 at 7:11pm
I have I Phone 4 ios 4.3.5 witch I have update to ios 5.0.1. After jail break with redsn0w 0.9.10b4 it can't reboot, I just have the logo blinking. please help (I successfully restore with itune but can't jailbreak)!!!!
racer1698
racer1698 - January 21, 2012 at 8:16am
after i jb my iphone 4, open cydia and try to search apps, it will get out of cydia and back to the main screen, when i try the " aout " button, it go back to main screeen also. what is the problem. anyone can help? it also happen when i try to add a new source
Bruce
Bruce - January 20, 2012 at 9:56pm
everytime i download redsnow and try to open it keeps telling me application not found, what am i doing wrong
john
john - January 11, 2012 at 12:27am
i have an iphone 4 cdma verizon and i upgraded it to the ios 5.0.1 and now im trying to use redsn0w and every time i do it, it gives me a pop-up saying that i have to close redsn0w.exe. also when i try changing the capability but my windows xp doesnt have the option for "service pack 3 or 2" ive ran it as administrator and still when i try to jailbreak it, it doesnt work.
pavan
pavan - January 10, 2012 at 6:03pm
jail breaking with 5.0.1 everything gone very smooth, but Bluetooth is not working for me. my iPhone 4 is keep searching for devices all the time. my car is able to identify the phone, but phone is not identifying it
Zeb
Zeb - February 3, 2012 at 4:51pm
Which Firmware did you use to JB your iPhone 4 5.0.1? Thanks!
pavan
pavan - February 3, 2012 at 7:09pm
yes, it is 5.0.1
T4tanvir
T4tanvir - January 10, 2012 at 10:18am
Hi guys, how can i enable push notifications? I m on ios 5.0.1 untethered
Abhishek
Abhishek - March 14, 2012 at 10:47am
Hi, Follow these steps as it is... You will enjoy push notifications on your phone. http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/fix-imessage-facetime-push-notifications-on-hacktivated-iphone-4-3gs/
Zeeshan
Zeeshan - January 10, 2012 at 9:13am
I am using currently IOS 4.3.5 tethered on iPhone 4. I want to upgrade with 5.0.1 untethered version. I am following the steps given in this tutorial. When I am trying to restore my iPhone to the ipsw firmware provided here, i received an error 3194. I tried many times but the same error appears. I am using the latest version of iTunes 10.5.2 . Please help me in this issue.
Tubagznyven
Tubagznyven - January 10, 2012 at 10:08am
Just search on google error 3194 n choose 1st link,i think from that link is clear enough Hope thats help
t4tanvir
t4tanvir - January 6, 2012 at 12:24pm
can anyone pls tell me how to make push notifications active on jailbroken ios 5.0.1, it does not work on mine though everything is on