Sprint is Throttling 1% of Its 'Unlimited' Data Users

Sprint is Throttling 1% of Its 'Unlimited' Data Users

Posted January 5, 2012 at 11:38pm by iClarified · 20 comments · Add Comment
Someone - January 6, 2012 at 6:58pm
Well.. Want to hear an astonishing fact? I read a report yesterday stating that top 1% of users consume 50% of bandwidth while top 10% of users consume 90% of band width. That's says enough...! Throttling doesn't mean it's not unlimited data.. Just saying!
Cyber Angels - January 6, 2012 at 6:52am
SPRINT IS NOT DELIVERING DATA SPEED AS AT&T AND VRIZON AND THAT IS A FACT . INDEPENDANT RESEARCH SHOWED THAT SPRINT IS DELIBERATELY JAMMING DATA SPEED TO LOWER USAGE.
SprintFalseAdvertising - January 6, 2012 at 2:49am
Wow, everyone go to sprint.com, the rotating ad on the main page (or click the third icon) to see an ad for their "Unlimited Data" which literally says, "No throttling, no metering, no overages!" Anyone with a Sprint contract can easily get out of it if you get throttled as they advertise no throttling and if that has changed on their end of the contract, then you can get out on your end without a ETF.
David - January 6, 2012 at 2:49am
All this fuss over an article that has now been corrected. Apparently, the throttling only applies to excessive use on partner roaming networks, a policy that's actually listed in the terms of service. This is the problem with knee-jerk blog posts. Sentiment is created only by the initial post, impossible to undo by subsequent retractions. On the other hand, the sentiment is so easy to create because of all the frustration other carriers have caused. It primes us to believe the worse.
2 1/2 Year Party - January 6, 2012 at 2:37am
It was inevitable. One company starts throttling for 5 percent top data usage or 1 percent whatever B.S. , the rest get on the bandwagon. Ive had unlimited data with AT&T for 2 1/2 years with great network speed. I got my speed throttled last week. It was great downloading so many movies and TV shows and software for all that time. I guess the party had to end.
Sharpshooter - January 6, 2012 at 2:27am
I know some people are going to hate me for saying this, but some users dont have internet at home and use their phones as a broadband connection 24/7 going over 10-20Gb of data a month wich is impossible to achive just by using the phone or tethering for emergencies, then other users get affected by this abuse. My two cents, and I'm on at&t with unlimited data plan.
FARP.Thor - January 6, 2012 at 3:01am
I now hate you.
Sharpshooter - January 6, 2012 at 7:06am
Lol I know
justabrake - January 6, 2012 at 1:58am
I believe AT&T is doing the same to me.
CaliforniaBabylon - January 6, 2012 at 1:35am
I was thinking of switching to Sprint after AT&T sent me a warning text after using only 2.5 gb of data. Forget it now.
John - January 6, 2012 at 5:15am
That's bull crap
Di - January 6, 2012 at 12:34am
Almost all US carriers do that. Considering the current prices for wireless Internet this is a complete bullshit. $30/mo and no unlimited data? Well, this has to end sooner or later.
Josh - January 6, 2012 at 12:12am
This "throttling" is bullshit! i have AT&T and i received a text message from them 2 weeks ago stating that i was the top 5% of data users, i checked my data usage and i was at 2.08GB on my unlimited plan (i was on day 23 on a 28 day billing cycle.) BULLSHIT! I know AT&T offers a 2GB data plan and theres no fucking way 2GB is considered top 5%. And then to top it off i couldnt access anything internet after that. i had to call AT&T and bitch about my data not working, they said to "reset network settings" which got my data service working again.
BigDaddy - January 6, 2012 at 12:35am
I feel your pain. AT&T throttled my data about 5 days into my billing cycle and it pretty much like not having data service. I can't use my iPhone 4S for browsing the web or anything web related. Thank you AT&T for taking my money and not offering the service I paid for. Fuck AT&T !!!!
Prev 1 of 2 Next