In Today 1.5, Second Gear has added two of the most requested features. Users can now add custom alarms to notify them of upcoming events and tasks. Today 1.5 also adds support for the popular notification framework, Growl. Users can be notified of event and task creation, date changes and more. Other features, enhancements and fixes were also added to this version.
What's new in Today 1.5:
* Added support for creating and attaching alarms to events & tasks.
* Added support for Growl notifications: Event creation, task creation, nightly date change and task completion.
* Added notification symbol to tasks that are overdue.
* Refined registration process.
* Improved the hotkey setting functionality by implementing ShortcutRecorder.
* Reset the beta period for Today 1.5.
* Resolved a bug with declined CalDAV events causing Today to crash.
* Other smaller fixes and performance enhancements.
* See events and tasks for each day
* Create new events and tasks directly from the application
* Filter what events and tasks appear in Today based on their calendar
* Open an event or task externally in iCal
* Quick navigation between dates in the past or future
* Smaller footprint than iCal
* Synchronizes calendar information from iPhone and iPod touch
* Synchronizes between multiple Macs using MobileMe
* Works with Mac OS X Leopard's system-wide CalendarStore
Pricing and Availability:
A 10-day fully-functioning demo of Today can be downloaded from the Second Gear Web site. The price is $15 (USD) for a personal license. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher is required. Today 1.5 is a free update for registered users of Today 1.x.