December 9, 2022

How to Set the Number of Rings Before Your iPhone Goes to Voicemail

Posted January 25, 2009 at 5:54pm · 240 comments · Add Comment
Lorne
Lorne - November 14, 2017 at 3:21pm
The number that comes up to forward is unknown to me. It should forward to my voice mail.
Anne-Mai Wallin
Anne-Mai Wallin - October 28, 2017 at 3:37pm
That did not work at all. At step three I did not get a thelephonenumber. I live in Sweden and perhaps it dos not work her,
Balki Bartokamus
Balki Bartokamus - September 22, 2017 at 4:17pm
Is this a joke? Why should I have to jump through hoops to do something that should be in a Settings Menu right there on the phone?
Dan Haldeman
Dan Haldeman - August 26, 2017 at 3:39am
This method doesn't work if your carrier is Verizon!!!!!!
minge
minge - August 21, 2017 at 3:47pm
Terrific.. Ta very much. This trick will save me breaking my neck rushing to pick the phone up and fumbling/dropping the bastard thing.
Joan Dick
Joan Dick - July 19, 2017 at 3:06am
Wow! Thanks for this info. It works! Much appreciated. : -)
Lor
Lor - June 26, 2017 at 3:23pm
Those are a crazy amount of steps fo follow just to change the number of rings ill just hit the "beat it " button before goin thru all that
Nkuntima Almeida
Nkuntima Almeida - May 23, 2017 at 7:18pm
Thanks for useful info, I contacted Virgin costumer support and they weren't able go give me the correct info. I followed the steps and it works just fine. Set it to 30 seconds
OKenji
OKenji - May 19, 2017 at 2:01am
It wrks for iphone 6, but 2 rings even though you do 5secs which is 1 ring. How can it go directly to voicemai? Anyone? Thanks
ruth964
ruth964 - March 12, 2018 at 8:33pm
hey, OKenji! 1. Mine was going straight to voicemail and THAT was the problem for me! I couldn't find my phone by calling my cell number because it was not ringing for me! (Just in case you hadn't thought of that yet!) If you put 0 for the numb of secs. in, that should work. If not, leave it blank.
Donna L Bodway
Donna L Bodway - May 2, 2017 at 8:54pm
I agree with everyone else, why is # of ring tones not a menu item? I guess Apple thinks we are all software developers. I have spent the last hour trying to get this done, thank you for this page, it was clear, concise, and it worked on my 5s.