September 29, 2022
Microsoft Laptop Hunter, Sheila, Picks a PC...

Microsoft Laptop Hunter, Sheila, Picks a PC...

Posted April 30, 2009 at 10:30pm · 22 comments · Add Comment
Caleb
Caleb - May 1, 2009 at 9:14pm
I love the shot at Apple's RAM. I'm not going to buy this computer because it requires less memory to function well, and that's definitely a deal-killer for me. I like behemoth OS's that take 7x more RAM to function decently... Sad thing is, most people don't know the difference.
PCeditor
PCeditor - May 1, 2009 at 8:10pm
Right, then tell me who is faster in ACVHD editing??? Wait, Final Cut Pro or FCE even don't support world's newest HD video format, OMG!!!!!
Wow
Wow - May 1, 2009 at 1:33pm
Not to pick on her, but what kind of body is that? I can't even tell if she is a woman or a man, without looking at her face. And, those teeth. Come on people! Have some respect for your looks.
vishal
vishal - May 1, 2009 at 8:41am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MimCZikP8cY check it out lol
britmic
britmic - May 1, 2009 at 5:31am
You can lead a horse to water
ANON
ANON - May 1, 2009 at 5:14am
Video maker with PC - good luck... OSX just renders stuff 200% faster than equivalent Windows PC. How she prices her time.
PCeditor
PCeditor - May 1, 2009 at 8:04pm
we
PCeditor
PCeditor - May 1, 2009 at 8:17pm
Right, then tell me who is faster in native ACVHD editing??? Wait, Final Cut Pro or FCE don't even support world's newest HD video format, OMG!!!!! You can only convert at some other format what MAC support and loose another precious time, and finally got 1 hour of video at 40GB hehehe, so fast and light... Yea, u are right, MAC is faster at SD/tape sediting ;)
Andrew
Andrew - May 2, 2009 at 5:22am
Ha ha this made me laugh! First of all most creatives don't use Sony cameras with their really bespoke formats and for your information iMovie08 (comes standard with Macs) does a very good job with ACVHD! The reason FCP doesn't need to read the ACVHD format is because its very large and an inefficient use of bandwidth. Have a closer look at the industry leaders in cameras and see what formats they are supporting ;-)
Dev
Dev - May 6, 2009 at 10:50pm
hahahaha, OWNED
maclover
maclover - May 1, 2009 at 4:21am
yeah she seems a wise person not wanting to spend an extra $100 for a simple ram upgrade, shame she is going to have to spend the money anyway to buy a decent movie editor because vista doesn't come equipped which such software where on the other hand mac os x comes equipped with ilife 09 which includes imovie garageband etc. Why don't people think before they buy?
Se7en
Se7en - May 5, 2009 at 1:18am
What if she doesnt make movies? Then you're entire argument is out the window. Way to think like a Fanboy.
Jay
Jay - May 1, 2009 at 2:28am
Show me the out takes of these commercials where the person actually buys the Mac and the shut off the camera really fast and tell them they cant buy that!
Jay
Jay - May 1, 2009 at 2:24am
1. It only has 2GB of RAM cause unlike Vista, OS X need 16gb of RAM to run good!!!! 2. If you buy a PC you've never used a Mac.... 3. For $60 more you can go buy a RAM upgrade then but I guess they only gave her $2000 and not $2060.... Microsoft Commercials are really starting to piss me off! Apple needs to come back and hit them hard with a new commercial!
Hanaf
Hanaf - May 1, 2009 at 7:51pm
"It only has 2GB of RAM"... I love it when people try to act like they know stuff... The new macs have DDR3 RAM, so even "only" 2GB of DDR3 RAM is better than 4GB of DDR2 RAM. and I didn't even mention the fact that macs uses the hardware MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! So a mac with 2GB of RAM will still work better than vista with 4GB, even if both had DDR2.
Se7en
Se7en - May 1, 2009 at 1:56am
Poor Mac Lovers, you cant handle anyone picking something else? Normal people wouldnt hate Mac people if they were not all stuck up, but most of you are. Get over it. Macs do cool things, PCs do cool things. PC's are just in general less in price. And if you want to make the argument about intelligence and computers, PC and Linux you one button mouse using fan boys.
Jay
Jay - May 1, 2009 at 2:26am
PC's are cheaper cause they arn't stable at all and have thousands of viruses. The smartest thing I ever did in my life was switch to a Mac. I remember when I told myself day after day I would never buy a mac cause of its price but my Mac has lasted 4 years now compared to replacing a PC every 2 years because it becomes out dated!
Se7en
Se7en - May 1, 2009 at 2:55am
Well I suppose if you are too dumb to run a PC then sure, let Apple decide for you. And I'm not sure if you're 12 or just don't speak English, but read your other comments. I have used Windows, Linux, and your oh so loved OS X. And I use Windows, XP and Vista and a few different Linux Distros. People who are trendy and dont know shit buy from Apple. Lucky for Apple there are more dumb people in this world now than any other point in time. Jay, that is you, congrats.
Andrew
Andrew - May 1, 2009 at 4:58pm
Im not even going to waste my time constructing an argument, i think you're the 12 year old. Like some of the other people have said, if you don't value your time buy a PC. Despite all this, the reality is that even the largest digital media PR/Advertising/Marketing agencies are using PC's and until apple brings its prices for its products in line with what's on offer by the PC based platforms/manufacturers then Microsoft will always dominate the market. There is nothing my UB-MBP cannot do that HP can but there is tones of things that HP cannot do that my UB-MBP can and thats a fact!