September 27, 2022
Steve Jobs Wanted Sony VAIO Laptops to Run Mac OS X

Steve Jobs Wanted Sony VAIO Laptops to Run Mac OS X

Posted February 5, 2014 at 9:17am · 7 comments · Add Comment
DNA64
DNA64 - February 7, 2014 at 2:22pm
News of Jobs wanting OSX on VAIO is old news. I knew of this ages ago. Jobs loved Sony.
K
K - February 7, 2014 at 5:00pm
I barely do today, not for mobile or newer consoles but for TV and ps2.
ShakeSpear
ShakeSpear - February 5, 2014 at 10:07am
It all comes down the price... Macintosh series have never been below $1000 (except the portable little one) but the Vaio series are pretty expensive too. So if I want to buy a computer that is running Mac OS X on a different computer (sony) other than the original idk Mac? then I am gonna chip in another 200 dollars for a Macintosh Laptop or Desktop... This would be very illogical thing to do. I dont think I agree with this idea now anymore. It seems outdated. One reason might be Hackintosh or running a Mac copy alongside your Windows machine off an External Hard Drive... I know its a lot of work considering the fact that if Sony does take this idea "NOW", Mac's would be shipped out by default. And I dont know if the same 'freedom' would be given to us. Like in Macs i have never read if you can have dual boot of Windows or Mac whereas in Windows I have. but I also have to admit that you can run Parallels in Mac and be fine with both systems running at the same time. Idk I say nay to this now.
MacUser
MacUser - February 5, 2014 at 11:00am
You never hear of dual boot on MAC??? Someone need to know "Boot Camp" it's an application ALREADY installed in your mac that make a partition to install windows (hep paralles still can you it, so you have a dual boot machine capable of running a VM windows).
paul d
paul d - February 5, 2014 at 11:05am
gibberish. your point?
Shely
Shely - February 5, 2014 at 9:46am
lol, dream on sucker
odedo2
odedo2 - February 5, 2014 at 10:23am
What "dream on"? MacBooks have only ran on one laptop owned by apple and not on any other computer, it could have been possible since everyone of them ran windows os, so why not osx?