How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Windows)

Posted July 3, 2009 at 1:14pm by iClarified · 121 comments · Add Comment
Tbomb - February 25, 2010 at 10:16am
This blackrain purple rain software did not work on my i phone.... the phone tried starting up but then turned off .... and never turned on again....
Daniel - October 18, 2009 at 5:49pm
Great tutorial. However, I'm encountering the following problem. I have a factory unlocked 3gs 16gb with 3.0.1. After running purplerain and receiving the success message (Windows PC), I saw that I did not have any new icnon on my iphone. The purplerain log file shows the following: *** INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows INFO: loaded dll at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\iTunesMobileDevice.dll INFO: button clicked INFO: internal device callback called INFO: callbacks registered INFO: sent enter recovery command INFO: internal recovery callback called INFO: unregistered normal mode callback INFO: go go gadget ra1n INFO: send command started INFO: file opened ioctl: 1 INFO: command setenv auto-boot true sent INFO: send command started INFO: file opened ioctl: 0 INFO: command saveenv sent send payload: 0 INFO: start sending exploit ioctl: 0 INFO: exploit closed 0 sent exploit INFO: send command started INFO: file opened ioctl: 0 INFO: command geohot sent send picture: 0 INFO: send command started INFO: file opened ioctl: 0 INFO: command setpicture 0 sent INFO: send command started INFO: file opened ioctl: 0 INFO: command bgcolor 1 1 1 sent send ramdisk: 0 INFO: send command started INFO: file opened ioctl: 0 INFO: command geohot sent INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT INFO: unused callback called WARN: wtf who called this? INFO: global callback finished What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
markymark888 - September 25, 2009 at 4:28am
Does anybody know if purplera1n will work on 3.1, I've got a 3gs
me - September 25, 2009 at 1:27pm
No it will NOT work with the 3.1 update!!!
markymark888 - September 25, 2009 at 2:57pm
Thankyou, I don't want to be a pain but do u know roughly when the jailbreak comes out for 3.1, and I apologize again for being a pain thanks
Rome - September 9, 2009 at 6:19pm
Everyone, just wait for the new 3.1 jailbreak. No use of doing this if another software jailbreak coming for the 3.1.
markymark888 - September 24, 2009 at 7:49pm
Could u tell me pls if purplera1n will work on this new 3.1 firmware answers much apprieciated thanks
Mr. No WIFI - September 9, 2009 at 6:08pm
Sorry, I know this is probably somewhere in the threads but... jailbroke my 3GS... using purple snow. (didnt want to start from scratch with red snow).. now WiFi doesnt work... any ideas?
Rome - September 9, 2009 at 6:14pm
You should just wait for the new jailbreak for 3.1 and restore your phone but if you really want to do a jailbreak for 3.0.1 then Redsnow is the only software that works and not Purplerain.
phukt88 - September 8, 2009 at 7:40pm
junk it just freezes pretty gay since the makers cant even reply to the comments
leftyguns - August 27, 2009 at 2:50pm
purplera1n does not work on versio 3.0.1 but redsnow will. you need an XP machine i could not get it to work on vista. dl the files on an xp machine and jailbreak from that and it works
ichyowie - August 27, 2009 at 1:39pm
This purplera1n is GARBAGE! I have tried using it and it freezes when it is rebooting. I have not had any problem using redsn0w, however, I was trying purplera1n because my phone kept crashing when I downloaded Winterboard/Mobliesubstrate using redsn0w. I figured using purplera1n would allow me to install Winterboard, bit, it keeps freezing up. I have restored more then 4 times and purplera1n DOES NOT WORK. If anyone can help, great, if not, GEOHOT, your program SUCKS. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but, back to the Dev-Team I go.
Loveholic777@gmail.com - August 17, 2009 at 9:33pm
After all this, it will not reboot...it stays with that guy picture forever....what do I do? I did install the newest version of firmware..stupid....Please Help....
Shawn Murphy - August 22, 2009 at 4:22am
Put your phone in DFU Mode, Then restore your iPhone. The video below says how to do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I
leftyguns21 - August 13, 2009 at 10:17pm
i stupidly installed the new update for the iphone 3gs and it wiped my jailbreak clean. now when i try via PurpleRa1n it gets to the point where its waiting on a reboot but it does nothing? anyone know how to get it back up again?
Loveholic777 - August 17, 2009 at 9:31pm
dammmm...I did the samething....is there any other solution?
Prev 1 of 7 Next