Apple to Release iOS 8.1.3 Update Next Week?

Apple to Release iOS 8.1.3 Update Next Week?

jjjj - January 13, 2015 at 10:00am
I use Apple products pretty much across the board (feel it's important to get that out there lest I be accused of anti-Apple fanboy sentiment). But iOS 8.1.2 remains a complete mess. Rotation locking within an app for no reason where you have to leave the app and come back in to get the proper orientation. Utterly broken video playback in Safari - loading progress not shown, seeking doesn't work properly, often the "Done" button ceases to work so only way to close the video is to force-close Safari. Broken Airplay - goes back to beginning of video when pausing video playing from Safari, exacerbated by seeking problems previously mentioned. Safari tabs crashing way more often than ever before. System services are seriously over-the-top in their use of location services. I could go on. I got excited when I saw the last two updates but all of the above either remains from 8.0 or was actually introduced in a patch in the meantime.
jjjj - January 13, 2015 at 10:04am
In fact I will go on just to say two more things: iTunes Match is still broken years after introduction - I don't know if this is on an OS or on a network level, but if I have fast enough 3G speeds to stream high quality Spotify or HD video I don't expect songs streaming from iCloud to stop for buffering half-way. And, iCloud Photos has a very similar problem. Mostly it works fine, but random photos get "stuck" and take minutes to download the high-res version - all the while a "Loading" popup is in the centre of the screen so you can't even view the low-quality cached version.
Lolwut - January 13, 2015 at 11:57am
That's strange. I never got anything wrong with this update.
jjjj - January 13, 2015 at 12:35pm
I'm glad to hear that :) But many people are having these problems. Not sure what the policy on posting URLs is here, but a quick search on Google reveals plenty of people talking about most of these issues.
ziaksk - January 13, 2015 at 7:34am
v r wi8ting bqz i have 4s ererr 14
christofer - January 12, 2015 at 12:25pm
another update , again!!!! and again!!! and again!!! getting boring apple. Bored to wait hours of GB of little update, reset everything again!
Ren - January 13, 2015 at 12:32am
Just kudos that they try, ok!
Barry Rose - January 11, 2015 at 8:11am
Deleted camera roll. Just tried rolling back the date and time and what has been described didn't bring any pictures back on my device. I used to Care about jailbreak now I think iOS has caught up to where I need it to be and better for upgrading!!
Osorio11 - January 10, 2015 at 6:31am
Sorry: should have been addressed to: @ Why Bother?
Osorio11 - January 10, 2015 at 1:05am
@Ren one last time. I think I asked politely enough. You shouldn't push it. As far as I know you are as young as my grandson. Don't be like all the other (often Android) trolls AND impolite fanboys that have been making this forum such a dreadful place to come to over the years. Good day to you, "Sir".
why bother? - January 10, 2015 at 1:49am
Osorio, I sympathise with you but you're wasting your breath with this guy. He's a rabid geek, probably on Ritalin and who knows what else. There can be no intelligent dialogue on this website anymore.
Ren - January 10, 2015 at 2:05am
Not as much as you. Look who's talkin'.
Osie11 - January 10, 2015 at 6:28am
@ What's the difference?: Thank you. And you're right: there isn't much of an intelligent exchange of views and information going on on this site anymore, sadly. A while ago I asked the maintainers if there could not be appointed a moderator for this site. Haven't heard back from them. It's really a sad: this used to be one of the most important sources of information and discussions for me. Now I don't know where to go anymore. But anyway, thanks for your sympathetic words. It's good to know I'm not the only one who sees the declining in the ways people use forums like this one.
Osorio11 - January 10, 2015 at 12:27am
@Ren in my comment I am just referring to the jailbreak ability this minor update is going to destroy. Furthermore I invite you to learn and express yourself in my language as well as I try to do in yours. And if you'd be so kind explaining what the" -*device" at the very end of your post is supposed to mean I would be grateful.
Ren - January 10, 2015 at 12:32am
how about asking like a kind person would, will you so PLEASE?!
James Cameron - January 10, 2015 at 12:22am
Maybe they'll finally speed up the turning on and off.. It was instantaneous with iOS6 and shit ever since.. I'm wondering, why no one elsse notices this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv9FC8vtXds
Ren - January 9, 2015 at 11:57pm
I see nothing wrong except a few app crashes.
Jackson Browne - January 9, 2015 at 11:19pm
Apple has NEVER released an update simply to patch a jailbreak. And it won't be happening now.
Really? - January 9, 2015 at 11:35pm
Never? Actually like 90% of the updates after a jailbreak is just to patch the jailbreaks. And also how about Apple fixing the issue where after 30 days of sitting in the recently deleted camera roll the pictures still don't get deleted and just go hidden. Try it, manually change the date back to a month ago and suddenly you have a lot more pics.