Apple is Allegedly Slowing Down Older iPhones With Degraded Batteries

Apple is Allegedly Slowing Down Older iPhones With Degraded Batteries

Mars - December 12, 2017 at 7:42pm
I hope other party will do more research/confirmation on this , as I do not think it is a fair tactic.
Robert - December 12, 2017 at 1:18pm
Drop performance , that is sad. I have my iphone 7 for a year and i'm chargeing it somewhere between 2-4 days. Aproximatly 150 cicles for the hole year. Now my phone is 2/3 in performance and i dont think my battery has degraded so much. Maybe 3-5% at most. Thats just unfair.
CPup - December 11, 2017 at 5:24pm
I find it amazing that both battery tests were done at exactly 10:45 with exactly 80% battery. So... they what? They tested the old battery then shut down the phone, took it apart, replaced the battery, put it back together, rebooted it, then tested it again in less that 1 minute AND the battery levels happened to read the exact same? Result are a scam.
A-non-e-moose - December 11, 2017 at 5:30pm
Where is the screenshot you mentioned?
Core99 - December 11, 2017 at 5:45pm
First screenshot is grabbed from history, second one from bechmarks, Sherlock.
A-non-e-moose - December 11, 2017 at 9:08pm
And the second screenshot’s date on the bottoms is about 1.5 hours later than the first screenshot.
Andrey Upadyshev - December 11, 2017 at 2:15pm
I've got a huge performance improvement after I've replaced the almost dead battery with a new one on my iPhone 6.
Leo H - December 11, 2017 at 1:13pm
You always get half when the low power mode is on. Try putting any iPhone in low power mode and run benchmark and you’ll see the performance drop.
EzisArAbolu - December 11, 2017 at 10:16am
I have old battery results on my iPhone 6s 🤨
D4xM4Nx - December 11, 2017 at 10:01am
Update: Geekbench can also be used for the ones of us on iOS 10 or lower. No problem ;)
D4xM4Nx - December 11, 2017 at 9:54am
One of my iPhones which is older (iPhone 6), and definitely has a worn out battery is on iOS 10.2, unable to download the app - requires iOS 11. Some other options for testing, @iClarified?
SunGem - December 11, 2017 at 9:51am
The app in the screenshot and the app in the link is not the same?
mairymarakee33geo - December 11, 2017 at 8:32am
iPhone 6S CPU 600-911MHz but should be 1850Mhz Battery Design Capacity 1600/1715 (93%) Phone is sluggy and very disappointed.