Apple Admits to Secretly Slowing Down iPhones, Explains Why

Apple Admits to Secretly Slowing Down iPhones, Explains Why

Kenny - December 28, 2017 at 9:58pm
I think ios11 has completely been designed to work around this by dumping ram. iPhones have always been speed Kings with much less ram than everyone else yet anyone that’s gone from previous iOS to 11 has seen performance and speed drop and now none of the new iPhones with massive increase in processors are close to the top of the speed charts now. My apps that used to stay open in the background now have to be reloaded way more frequently.
Aj - December 23, 2017 at 9:32pm
We need to decide this not apple!!!
renatouol - December 22, 2017 at 8:12pm
please, put the option to user decid to slow or not slow
Jimmy764 - December 22, 2017 at 5:16pm
Been an apple user since day 1. I have an iPhone 6s that was under the recall for the faulty battery. So I get the battery replaced. Everything was fine up UNTIL 11.2 Now I am noticing that the battery dies down very very fast. I mainly only use this particular phone for at most 4 hours a day while listening to a podcast and Notifications are off. So I'm just streaming podcasts. The phones screen is not on and the battery dies down fast after this 11.2 update.
Sean Hurley - December 22, 2017 at 11:28am
Yes I have noticed some battery issues with my phone to where it drains it way faster. Should I get my battery replaced? If so where? The Apple store? Also the performance has changed and I drop a lot of calls and the device doesn’t seem to be connecting to my provider well. I have an Apple Watch 3 series with cellular and receive no interruptions. Just this morning my phone said no service when my watch said it was connected to AT&T. Please advise on this matter.
Pedro Santos - December 22, 2017 at 8:22am
Yes! I notice the same degradation on my iphone 6 plus. It is regratable that Apple take this type of action, lacks a great deal of respect for their customers. For me that I’m a real Apple lover, this kind of action is like a shoot in the heart...
Throttling speeds and Internet Connection - December 22, 2017 at 7:43am
Throttling performance of Modem chip is the real deal I think people need to be concerned about their phones being throttled selling different versions where you’re not able to Rom on certain networks in the US Also throttling the speeds of the modem chips in the different iPhones to meet the standards of the regular Intel chip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forcing you to use Wi-Fi So you do not use network data ..... The iPhone 5s was fast very fast loading Facebook and other applications but very slow now Even with a new battery installed OEM !!!!!!! I think this needs to be addressed taking a vantage of consumers
AleemRazzaq - December 22, 2017 at 5:55am
I have iPhone 6Plus when I use Picture Editing from Apple Photos Application, after 2 to 3 editing my phone become like 100years old man performing in Bed :p.
Durrr - December 21, 2017 at 6:38pm
IPhone 5s running butter smooth here jailbroken on iOS 9.1 :) Too bad a lot of updates apps won't work though so I'm forced to stick with an old version. Was thinking about getting an iPhone 7s but I would want to run jailbroken iOS 10. I really don't want a device that's going to be controlled by Apple as it's impossible to know wtf they're doing. No one should need to upgrade past iOS 10 if they don't want to. A decent company would make the upgrade an option or would just make the upgrade fix security issues only. Not Apple.
Reader - December 22, 2017 at 5:51pm
They should have updates for iOS for features and updates for security separately. And those for security to be available for any iOS. In other words separate features from security. They control the iOS they should think better for us not for stock holders.
calogi - December 21, 2017 at 5:52pm
That's a blatant Lie, I have an ipad2 I bought around 2011 it worked flawlessly until the newer iphone was released, I kept delaying the software update until it downloaded and installed by itself, right after that 1st thing I noticed was the keyboard had a delay of about 1 second or more, apps would suddenly crash, and I would have to start over again what I was doing, I still own it to this day and the battery is perfect lasts around 3 weeks if I don't use it and I would say it lasts more than 10 hours of use on a single charge. So it is not the battery, apple might fool someone else with this ridiculous claim, but I knew they were playing dirty from that moment on....
iphone owner - December 21, 2017 at 6:08pm
IOS 11 definitely is more CPU intensive than IOS 10, but I think you are confusing two different things. Battery capacity is not the same as battery current. Your battery may have sufficient capacity to last 10 hours, but still have an issue with the voltage tanking when subjected to a heavy load. The specific problem that they say they addressed was the voltage falling too low under heavy load. V=IR. If you raise the R (internal resistance), then V (voltage) will drop when the load is increased. If the voltage drops too low, the device will reboot. Think of it like a garden hose. If the hose is made smaller (increased R), the amount of water coming out (V) will be less.
calog - December 21, 2017 at 6:33pm
ok! whatever you say Apple employee, no one believes you, talking about garden hoses when the topic you want to correlate are milliamps, FYI capacity and current flow are directly related, and when current draw is high capacity will drain accordingly, its like when you pull the plug on your full tub:) if its partially clogged it will drain slowly, if its clear it will drain a lot quicker,