Apple to Launch 13-Inch Entry-Level MacBook and a New Inexpensive 9.7-inch iPad in June?

Apple to Launch 13-Inch Entry-Level MacBook and a New Inexpensive 9.7-inch iPad in June?

Posted by · 7271 views · Translate

Apple is planning to launch a 13-inch entry-level MacBook at the end of the second quarter, according to a DigiTimes report.

The new notebook is said to feature a 13.3-inch 2560x1600 a-Si panel sourced from LG. It's price is estimated to be about the same as the existing MacBook Air or slightly higher.

LG will reportedly begin supplying the panel to Apple in April with the production of the new MacBook starting at the end of May or beginning of June. Quanta has landed 70% of the orders for assembly and Foxconn has the remaining 30%.

Apple has purportedly set a shipment goal of six million units in 2018; however, Digitimes Research senior analyst Jim Hsiao expects shipments to reach around four million units due to its price point.

Meanwhile, suppliers have recently begun shipping components for an upgraded iPad Pro and a new inexpensive 9.7-inch iPad. The new 9.7-inch iPad is expected to arrive in the second quarter, perhaps alongside the new MacBook at WWDC. The upgraded iPad Pro is expected in the second half of the year.

Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.

Read More


Apple to Launch 13-Inch Entry-Level MacBook and a New Inexpensive 9.7-inch iPad in June?

komo - March 13, 2018 at 4:58am
Nothing apple sells is inexpensive overprice crap
Recent