February 4, 2023
iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Owners Report Problems Charging With a Lightning Cable [Video]

Posted September 30, 2018 at 1:53am · 22 comments · Add Comment
zetaprime
zetaprime - October 2, 2018 at 4:58am
When I plug in my XS Max it wakes up and starts charging as expected.
zetaprime
zetaprime - October 2, 2018 at 4:56am
No such problem on my XS Max. Charging like always. No wi-fi problems either.
Great!
Great! - October 2, 2018 at 1:25am
Go to Face ID and Password settings and set USB Accessories to ON. Problem solved! It’s a feature not a bug!
Great!
Great! - October 3, 2018 at 12:56am
To prevent the USB Lightning port from being used as an attack vector by hackers, the port is disabled after a period of inactivity. Hence the charging is disabled. It is a feature of ios12. If you want to re-enable the port for always, then go to Face ID and password settings, and turn on USB accessories!
HarryWilly
HarryWilly - October 1, 2018 at 3:02pm
I don’t even see this as a problem that would affect me using y phone. 90% my iPhone is charging on a pad the other 10% cable. Why is it so hard for you to wake the device up then plug it in?
sunny27jan
sunny27jan - October 1, 2018 at 3:00pm
I’ve been experiencing this issue in iPhone SE and iPhone 5s for a very long time. This issue is not limited to only iPhone XS or newer models.
huudini
huudini - October 1, 2018 at 1:38pm
There is no issue. Their setting for USB Accessories in Face ID and Passcode. They have the setting to turn off accessories after an hour of no usage which in turn will stop the device from charging. You can alter this setting in Settings -Face ID and Passcode USB Accessories at the bottom.
D4xM4Nx
D4xM4Nx - October 1, 2018 at 9:42am
I’ve got no issues with my XS but one of coops does, I suggested him to complain on the Apple forums as well as asking for support either via the app and/or twitter. I’d like to think this can be patched with an iOS update, hoping that the hotfix doesn’t break anything.
PaulieP
PaulieP - September 30, 2018 at 6:06pm
This guy loves to hear himself talk. Way too long a video. Yes a lot of people are having this issue but no, people don’t need to hear your whiny voice just because you love to hear yourself speak. Next time just get to the point and make a shorter video.
odedoo1
odedoo1 - September 30, 2018 at 3:32pm
This report came just in the right time for me, I was going to pick one up next week, now I’ll wait because nobody knows if it’s a software or a hardware problem and for that amount of money I’m not taking the risk, I waited till now I can wait a little longer.
HarryWilly
HarryWilly - October 1, 2018 at 2:59pm
You sound stupid. Please keep stuff like this to yourself.
PaladinLV
PaladinLV - September 30, 2018 at 3:22pm
Probably the BEST run down on a alleged problem, I've ever seen! Great job in bringing this to light. BTW, no problem on my phone. I suggest you check to see if their is a relationship between the "batch" (serial number range) or origin of manufacturing plant. Again great job!!!