Here's a quick look at what's new...
● Native support for macOS devices built with Apple Silicon CPUs brings dramatic performance improvements over the non-native build that was shipped in Firefox 83: Firefox launches over 2.5 times faster and web apps are now twice as responsive (per the SpeedoMeter 2.0 test). If you are on a new Apple device, follow these steps to upgrade to the latest Firefox.
● WebRender rolls out to MacOS Big Sur, Windows devices with Intel Gen 6 GPUs, and Intel laptops running Windows 7 and 8. Additionally we'll ship an accelerated rendering pipeline for Linux/GNOME/X11 users for the first time, ever!
● Firefox now uses more modern techniques for allocating shared memory on Linux, improving performance and increasing compatibility with Docker.
● Firefox 84 is the final release to support Adobe Flash.
Apple's new M1 Macs can be ordered here:
● 13-inch MacBook Air with M1 Chip
● 13-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Chip
● Mac mini with M1 Chip
You can download Firefox 84 from the link below!