The survey included more than 5000 US-based smartphone users, aged 18 years or older, with any of the five major smartphone brands, including Apple, Samsung, Google, LG, and Motorola.
Here are some of the key findings...
● Survey reveals the brand loyalty for Apple is at an all-time high of nearly 92% (up from 90.5% in 2019)
● Meanwhile, Samsung loyalty has dropped 11.7% from 85.7% in 2019 to 74% in 2021
● Apple users are nearly 18% more loyal to their brand than Samsung users
● 26% of Samsung users will jump ship to another brand next time they upgrade
● Of the Samsung defectors, a majority (53%) will switch to an iPhone the next time they upgrade, with most (31.5%) indicating privacy concerns as the main reason for the switch
● At over 25%, value for money also seems to be a significant rationale for switching away from Samsung
● Much like Samsung, brand loyalty among Google Pixel users has dropped 18.8% from 84% in 2019 to 65.2% in 2021
● Motorola and LG users are the most disloyal bunch, with circa 71% and 62.6%, respectively, of existing users stating that they will be looking to move when they upgrade
● 46.6% of respondents think the new iPhone 12 range is the best range vs. 30.4% who think the S21 range is their favorite
Check out the full survey report at the link below...
Read More [via 9to5Mac]