September 25, 2022
BiteSMS 4.7 for iPhone Offers Ad Supported Option

BiteSMS 4.7 for iPhone Offers Ad Supported Option

Posted April 14, 2010 at 11:57pm · 6 comments · Add Comment
iFiNi
iFiNi - April 15, 2010 at 5:17pm
WARNING! Updated to version 4.7 and it caused my iPhone 3GS to slow down tremendously. Did a reboot and my iPhone simply would not boot up ie hang on lockscreen. After 32 attempts to manually reboot I managed to get boot up and immediately removed biteSMS 4.7. Everything went back to normal after. Crash logs confirmed biteSMS 4.7 to be the culprit. BE WARNED!
turim
turim - April 15, 2010 at 3:10am
BiteSMS is one of the main reasons why I jailbreak my phone. It´s featurepacked, and I can only use a handful of them. Apple could really learn from the devs of this app. It´s all the original Messages-app in iPhone wished it could be! One of the fundamentals in a regular sms-app is emoticons/smileys (no, not emoji yet, since it´s not in use on other handsets). I hope iPhone OS 4.0 with all the new API´s will address things a bit!
krak4212
krak4212 - April 15, 2010 at 12:49am
The update is not showing up in Cydia for me!! What gives??
Enrico
Enrico - April 15, 2010 at 12:40am
iRealSMS is the better option... Give it a look.
sohail gagai
sohail gagai - April 16, 2010 at 5:22pm
but whos gonna pay for irealsms its for 14 dollars
Enrico
Enrico - April 16, 2010 at 6:11pm
I'll gladly pay for something that I get good use out of. iRealSMS is well worth the price for me. How can I expect useful apps to be developed for the iPhone if I'm not willing to pay anything for them? These are just average guys that are trying to make a living with their programming knowledge. I don't expect to use their hard work for free. The new BiteSMS is free if you want to get spammed with ads but even aside from that, I don't think even the non-ad "pay" version is better than iRealSMS (yes, I've used them both). To each his own, but I can't imagine anyone could afford an iPhone and then complain about a useful Cydia app that costs $14.99 or even more. Another nice Cydia app that's well worth it's $9.99 price tag is MyWi (allows you to share your iPhone's 3G connection as a WiFi network to other computers and even the iPad!)