December 4, 2022
Mac OS X 10.7 Will Only Allow Apple Approved Apps?

Mac OS X 10.7 Will Only Allow Apple Approved Apps?

Posted April 23, 2010 at 2:10pm · 27 comments · Add Comment
Mrman
Mrman - September 18, 2010 at 11:15pm
I love Macs ...... but like everyone else is saying.... I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE AGAIN...... if they committed this atrocity. The reason I love macs is because you can do ANYTHING on them...... I will not have what I do on my comp restricted by the people that sell it. Old macs without 10.7 or that have been downgraded would multiply in value!!!
Rodrigo
Rodrigo - June 5, 2010 at 5:18pm
Nonsense. If Apple do this, they're ridiculous.
indga
indga - April 26, 2010 at 1:45am
This is ridiculous if it's true. I love Apple products, but I will walk away from Apple without a backward glance. We are not communists to have our computer lives dictated by Czar Jobs. Screw Apple! Let their stuff rot on the shelves.
Chris Mills
Chris Mills - April 25, 2010 at 10:11am
I'm sure this is complete BS on the side of Rixstep.
Mac User
Mac User - April 25, 2010 at 4:49am
Bye bye Mac OS X. Welcome back to my main spot Linux.
Dave
Dave - April 24, 2010 at 4:02pm
I'm going to start selling all my shares on monday as soon as the market open… I don't want to run out of money guys!
Alex
Alex - April 24, 2010 at 6:48am
This must be some sort of bad joke! I love my Mac but not so much that I can't go back to Windows or try Googles new OS or something else if this comes true.
Yukas
Yukas - April 24, 2010 at 5:33am
When I moved to Apple computers 3 years ago you had to choose between Mac OS X and Vista. Now windows 7 have covered a lot of space. If apple envisions a world of computers similar to the iphone locked down platform, is going to stay alone IMO. At least I will sell all 6 macs I own and move to another system. There are other companies out there making good products, see google, sony, they shouldn't think they are the only ones.
Robert
Robert - September 16, 2010 at 4:40pm
Sony hasn't come up with anything worth buying since the PS2. Are they still even a company? Like what do they even make?! Disgusting-looking laptops and proprietary media players? No thank you. Maybe they'll make a comeback that installs more Rootkits on your computer!
turim
turim - April 24, 2010 at 5:23am
Just... just STOP!!! Actually, I don´t believe this nonsense... This would probably end my Mac-relations in my home, but I guess Mac would still be used at work. As someone said, maybe I should consider looking into Linux - at least if this is the future of Mac OS X.
yup
yup - April 23, 2010 at 8:07pm
I really hope apple realizes that this will kill OSX. The consumer market holdings for macs will plummet, and they will no longer be "computers," but now "limited function terminals." **The iPad already exists, people!!*