September 29, 2022
How to Backup Your SHSH Blobs Using Firmware Umbrella [Windows]

How to Backup Your SHSH Blobs Using Firmware Umbrella [Windows]

Posted November 11, 2010 at 11:33pm · 74 comments · Add Comment
dave
dave - July 15, 2010 at 10:45pm
Hi guys question, Im getting my iphone 4g next week, does anyone know if I will be able to save my SHSH Blobs before activating my phone via itunes or will I be of luck?
Mateen
Mateen - July 16, 2010 at 2:42am
Apple usually stops signing firmwares within 24 hours of release. So I would assume you would be out of luck. As long as you get your iPhone by 4.1 you should be fine since 4.0.1 has no baseband update. But Whatever you do...TRY NOT UPDATE TO 4.0.1!!!!!
Jay
Jay - July 15, 2010 at 7:41pm
i don't know what i did w/ the SHSH or what it's even for, but I did save to apple and cydia. sounds like it's important if i'm trying to update.
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 8:07pm
You don't save anything to Apple. When you're trying to retrieve blobs, you'll either check Cydia's, Apple's or your local repository. When you're saving them, it'll only be either locally or Cydia ;) You'll always be able to get the blobs for the latest firmware from Apple, which isn't much use if you're trying to downgrade!
lomisz
lomisz - July 15, 2010 at 5:44pm
How do i save the SHSH for OS4.0 when i'm running 3.13 on 3GS? Do I just choose iPhone 3GS 4.0 from the dropdown menu in umbrella even if i'm not running OS4.0?
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 5:55pm
Apple will only have SHSH blobs for 4.0 as it's the latest firmware out. Therefore select 'Apple' and choose v4.0 firmware and your model of phone. You'll then create blobs for 4.0.
Jay
Jay - July 15, 2010 at 3:59pm
What if we chose location: Apple? will this work the same or else? Also the Cydia servers seem to be overloaded and cannot save my SHSH any ideas on this? Thanks!!
Xvani
Xvani - July 15, 2010 at 3:31pm
I get the following error message: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.semaphore.jna.md.MDLibrary.(MDLibrary.java:19) at com.semaphore.jna.idevice.win.WinDeviceLibrary.addNotificationHandler(WinDeviceLibrary.java:33) at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.startListener(TinyUmbrella.java:213) at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.(TinyUmbrella.java:208) at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.main(TinyUmbrella.java:110) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source) at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.semaphore.jna.LibraryFinder.loadPath(LibraryFinder.java:44) at com.semaphore.jna.LibraryFinder.(LibraryFinder.java:24) ... 11 I've tried on two different systems (win 7 and win xp. Neither have iTunes installed) Ideas? Thank you!
ACE
ACE - July 15, 2010 at 3:13pm
Hi it detected the ecid automatically but I noticed that it is different from the one I have found following the tutorial! I have saved it using both. Now in cydia I can see in green : your device has shsh on ios 4 that's it? Am I safe now?
tomneedshelp
tomneedshelp - July 15, 2010 at 11:45am
do i need this on my un-jailbroken iphone 3g fw i plan to JB when comex jailbreak comes out will it be needed to use comex or somethimng!!
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 12:45pm
Once you've successfully jailbroken your iPhone, go to the Cydia App on your apps list. Choose the option "Make my life easier" and it'll upload your SHSH blobs onto the Cydia repository. As long as you get confirmation, this is all you need.
Ranjit
Ranjit - July 15, 2010 at 8:21am
my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 new boot rom (Not JB / Ulnocked)when i am trying to backup SHSH Blobs i getting Error "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model version......any one help me to backup please.....
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 9:23am
If your iPhone is not JB'd and on 3.1.3 then the only SHSH blobs available (apart from what's on your phone) will be for 4.0 on Apple's repository. What to do - backup your iPhone and run Spirit (www.spiritjb.com), making sure your version of iTunes is 9.1 or lower. It will JB your phone and once in Cydia, you can upload your 3.1.3 SHSH blobs. You'll get confirmation of this once they receive it. You'll then be able to retrieve the 3.1.3 SHSH blobs onto your computer using Umbrella.
ranjit
ranjit - July 15, 2010 at 9:37am
I am very sorry to say this....i want to be more clear ...Earlier my phone was working on 3.1.2 and accidentally i updated through itunes ..now my iphone is 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.01 stuck at emwrgency screen. after this i tried .,tried than i planned for down grade 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 than i tried with The Firmware Umbrella - v4.00.06 by semaphore when i click on display shsh iphone 3GS 4.0 (8A293)-633609194830. now when i am trying to backup with new update i getting error as above...plz help what i have to do next?
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 9:44am
If your phone's on 3.1.3 and on the emergency screen, then get it connected to itunes. It won't upgrade to 4.0 automatically. Once it's activated, you can go ahead and run spirit using the instructions I offered. You can't revert back to 3.1.2 as unless you saved SHSH blobs for it after JB'ing it, they won't be available. Spirit will happily JB 3.1.3 with the new bootrom. (iBoot-359-3.2).
ranjit
ranjit - July 15, 2010 at 9:49am
ok i am trying to do so once again i am confirming ,now my iphone is 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.01 stuck at emergency screen and i am on itunes 9.2 msg: this sim inserted in this phone does not appear to support be supported shall go ahead....
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 9:51am
You need to activate with the same SIM provider as what's locked to the phone. It won't let you activate otherwise.
ranjit
ranjit - July 15, 2010 at 9:53am
Ok , as i am in malaysia i can't activate my phone through sim provider i hope i need a tool to unlock it......
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 12:49pm
Let me know what boot ROM version you have. There may be a way for you to rebuild 3.1.3 and disable the activation.
Ranjit
Ranjit - July 15, 2010 at 12:56pm
my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 with new bootrom...thanks and plz help me i am bit confused of all these iphone updates
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 1:00pm
Your bootrom version is 'iBoot-3xx.xx'. Don't assume you have the newest. Let me know what you have.
ranjit
ranjit - July 15, 2010 at 1:16pm
just now i checked in properties -- iBoot-359-3.2 i hope it is new bootrom
Martin
Martin - July 15, 2010 at 1:22pm
Yep, new bootrom. You'll need to see whether a tool exists to rebuild 3.1.3 and disables activation.
John
John - May 3, 2010 at 1:00pm
If you're having Java Errors, and a modified hosts files, try reverting to the original version of the hosts file. It worked for me.
madcow
madcow - May 1, 2010 at 2:35pm
Yes it is but this method is for those who either upgraded immediately, bought their 3gs with 3.1.3 on it so never had the chance to jailbreak or iPad users. If you did jailbreak and cydia says it has SHSH for 3.1.3 then don't worry.