The iControlPad uses Bluetooth to communicate with your mobile phone, so it can basically be used with any modern Smartphone - or even your PC! It offers various different Bluetooth protocols, including standard HID. This is to ensure that you can use the iControlPad with current and future Smartphone generations.
The iControlPad has exchangeable clamps to make it possible to use any Smartphone out there. Just grab the clamps that are designed to fit with your Smartphone and you're ready to play. And if you ever buy a new phone: No need to throw your iControlPad away, just get a new set of clamps and that's it!
Current side clamps support:
iPhone 3, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPod touch (some require padding), Motorola Backflip (needs padding), Lg Optimus S, Lg Ally, Blackberry Touch, Samsung Intercept (may require adjustment), HTC Dream, T-Mobile G1, Era G1.
● Supporting any phone/console/computer with Bluetooth.
● Digital Dpad, 2 Analogue nubs, 6 face buttons and 2 rear buttons.
● Clever side clamp system allowing it to attach to almost any phone
● Multiple BT protocols supported
● Should 'just work' on any Android app which supports a PC gamepad.
● Internal 1500maH battery can also charge your phone via USB when playing.
● Upgradeable firmware, new features can be added, restrictions can be bypassed.
● Delivery starts in February.
The first units will be shipped around the 16th of February, the units are arriving in batches of 1000 until the full 3000 have been produced. The PCBs are made and populated in Germany, the case, the final assembly and testing in England.
iControlpad with V1 sides, Battery, USB Charger, and Manual costs $74.99.